B25

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DBII

Senior Master Sergeant
Oct 16, 2007
Conroe, Texas
I pulled out my B25 J from the closet and am going to finish it. It will be using Russian markings. Where can I get a couple of 37mm cannons or a conversion kit to install the cannon on the tail of a B25-D model?

DBII

I have found two profiles in old eastgerman literature.

Trecker

Attachments

• P1070001.jpg
    P1070001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 299
  • P1070002.jpg
    P1070002.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 317
I had a feeling that there would be no kit. I can always use tubing for the cannon. I do not think that I can handle constructing the plexiglass for the tail. I have 4 sets of markings, three for D models and one for a J. I might try using the tail from a C model.

Thanks, DBII

Can you post them Trecker. I only have 2 or 3 photos and they are not good. I do have a four color paint pattern for a J model but it does not match the markings.

DBII

I like the C model. I can use one of the sets of markings that I have for it. I will only have to change the number from 03 to 10 and no canon. Two down and two to go.

Thanks. DBII

I understand.But what scale and of which firm is the model?Do you need any drawings?

There some profiles.
Source unknown.

Attachments

• b25c-c8.jpg
    b25c-c8.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 276
  • b25c-c9.jpg
    b25c-c9.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 289
  • oth037_4.jpg
    oth037_4.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 281
I am one posting behind. I have two Monogram B25 in 1/48 scale. One is a J and the other is a H. I would like to make the H model as a 13th AF since my great uncle flew one.

I would like to convert the J model over the a Russian bird. I have the transfers for White 17 that was posted. I have the pattern for field drab, olive drab, slate gray camo with black under surface that I would love to do. I have founded one black and white photo painted this way but the markings cannot be seen. I am not sure if I will go with white 17, OD Green paint or the multi color camo and just use the Red Stars.

DBII

I just found your profiles. I also have the markings for Red 85. I like the nose art, it is a tiger. If I remember correctly. White 17 was flow out of Poland in 1945. The markings on White 17 is similar to White 10.

DBII

Now I see.The mentioned above article about the conversation J into D version is also based on Monogram 1:48 scale model.The "Red 85" looks really interesting.I went through some Russian sources and have found nothing interesting.It seems They don't want to admit that there was one of the best middle bombers in Russia during WW2

I have to go through my books again. I have one shot that has nose art as fancy as the fighters, way to much words about the protectors of mother Russia. It would make a great model but I do not have the talent to paint the nosie art. I do not have a scaner so I cannot the photos.

Red 85 looks like it has taken a beating. Is it grey or OD green? The profile I have looks like a new plane. I took the time to paint the details inside only to find out that it is to dark to see any of it. Good practice, I guess. I am about ready to start the spray gun.

Thanks for your help.
DBII

So it will be cool model.
As far as the camo is concerned,as memory serves Russian didn't maintain their camo on planes rather.Looking at many pics of Russian a/cs I've got impression that it was quite common.Especially if we talk about the Lend-Lease supplies.Also there is possiblity that the B-25 was re-painted during a winter with the white removable paint and then during the spring the paint was removed.I can see some similarities to the first profile.

You are welcome.:)

There is an article on the B-25 in the Soviet Union in the the current (Jan/2008) edition of Model Aircraft Monthly.

Attachments

• scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 350
  • scan0013.jpg
    scan0013.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 298
  • scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 285
  • scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 292
*%, Antoni! You are good. I have never seen that color photo. All I have is a line drawing copied from a tech manual. The profile I have of white 17 was in the standard OD over grey. I wanted to use the tri-color over black with the White 17. I was worried about the colors that I bought but they are a close match to the photo. Stop by for some beers.

DBII

Russian rather didn't use the sand for their planes.It was something like the RAF Earth-brown.The grey colour can be acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back