help with ZG26 profile plz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jamierd

Senior Airman
Jul 16, 2009
Glenrothes Scotland
I would like to build a bf110c of 3/zg26 on Crete in august 1942 does anyone have a profile of such an aircraft plz many thanks in advance
alternatively did 5/zg1ever serve in the MTO i have aprofile for a bf110c-4/b which un fortunately has no dates or locations attached jamie

Last edited:
had a hunt round for myself a lot of dead ends and blanks but have found this perhaps a little ambitious but i will give it a try anyway lol having difficulty uploading pic i am sure i will get there soon enough

Last edited:
hopefully this time i got it lol

Attachments

• 2_10_b2.jpg
    2_10_b2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 317
Not sure how accurate those RLM colours are. With RLM 74 Grey, I would have thought the other colour would be RLM 75 Grey, but I could be wrong of course. Also, the use of RLM 65 on the undersides at that date seems a bit odd. Maybe it should be 74/75/76 ? But, the '110 isn't my strong point, so it could be correct. Maybe Max' or Wayne or Erich can advise?

Interesting profile. Interesting date too. May 1944? Jabs was commanding NJG1 by then and the reformed ZG 76 was engaged in Defence of the Reich duties.

The profile is probably indicative of 6./ZG 76 in May 1941. The cowlings should be yellow all the way around though, not just the top half. Unfortunately I'm not an expert on RLM colours so someone else with have to help you there.

I thought the date was a bit strange, especially for Jabs. I think I'd treat that profile as rather dubious until confirmed.
I'll see what I've got for '110's in the Med, bound to have something, if I can figure out how to isolate the pics from PDF files!

many thanks guys i would have just taken it as gospel that the profile was correct i will continue looking either for confirmation or something which has evidence availablre

finding bf110 profiles by the dozen most of which seem to have the notification unconfirmed attached lol
or have units but no dates or locations my favorite so far is a C4b apparently of 5/zg1 but no dates or locations i dont have a scanner so i cant upload the pics .i have found photos of a bf110 which claims to be II/ZG1 taken in italy 1943 i dont suppose anyone has a profile of such an aircraft do they

Attachments

• 1-Bf-110G-ZG1.5-(S9+AN)-Italy-1943-01.jpg
    1-Bf-110G-ZG1.5-(S9+AN)-Italy-1943-01.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 221
Here you go mate... Hope this helps.
(Source: Squadron-Signal Publication)

Attachments

• Copy of bf 110_056.jpg
    Copy of bf 110_056.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 206
And here are few more profiles of Bf 110s used in Mediterranean and North Africa.
Source: Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces

Attachments

• Copy of bf 110_078.jpg
    Copy of bf 110_078.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Copy of bf 110_075.jpg
    Copy of bf 110_075.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 710
Last edited:
Nice work Igor! Now that Cory has told me how to isolate pics from PDF books and similar, I might be able to find quite a few MTO '110's. Give me a day or two to trawl through them all! BTW Jamie, welcome to the world of 'Oh b*ll*cks! Not more conflicting evidence!!' And it gets worse the deeper you get into the hobby! Great, innit?!!

cant thank you enough for your time and patience guys . am tryin now to find a plan view of the wespen aircraft and also what the code letters would be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back