GrauGeist's Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys and Eric, you're welcome. Glad I was able to get a T-34 in there that you weren't familiar with! :lol:

And I was just going to stay on the ramp for a few hours today, getting some shots of Aluminum Overcast, smell a little exhaust and such. Ended up staying for about 5 hours, and had some good fun. Took about 1.86 Gigs worth of photos (couple hunderd) :lol:

I'll just post a few for now, though! :)

Attachments

• IMGP6523a.jpg
    IMGP6523a.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMGP6415a.jpg
    IMGP6415a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 127
  • IMGP6444a.jpg
    IMGP6444a.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMGP6543a.jpg
    IMGP6543a.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,800
  • IMGP6395a.jpg
    IMGP6395a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 116
Glad ya' guys are enjoying them!

Great shots, GG. I know how easy the hours melt away when you are hanging around old airplanes.
You're not kidding!

Here's some more :)

The top photo shows us walking out to rotate the props. I was "volunteered" to help rotate the engines to circulate the oil that had settled overnight.

Attachments

• IMGP6537a.jpg
    IMGP6537a.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMGP6525a.jpg
    IMGP6525a.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMGP6401a.jpg
    IMGP6401a.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMGP6388a.jpg
    IMGP6388a.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 103
  • IMGP6369a.jpg
    IMGP6369a.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 113
Thought I'd toss in a couple more I took during the B-17's visit.

First photo shows a scratch-built Spad replica made from the ground up. There's quite a story behind this tempermental little machine and how it likes to end up in bushes, ground looping and committing general mayhem. :lol:

Next photo was kind of neat, CDF 202 was taking off across the way, and I grabbed a shot of it as it was "taxiing" to it's departure point.

Attachments

• IMGP6450a.jpg
    IMGP6450a.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 111
  • IMGP6550a.jpg
    IMGP6550a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 103
Glad everyone enjoyed the photos, I'll have to make a gallery dedicated to Aluminum Overcast and share more external and internal photos. I know Rasenpfeil has some from a couple years he'd want to share, too. :thumbright:

I was messing around with my Macro lense (again) and scored a great shot of a hoppy spider right after she nailed a small moth. All that orange is from a Lily she was lurking on.

And I'm sure Eric will get a laugh out of this, but I was using some small flies that like to hover and dart around as practice for our airshow that's coming up soon! I was using my Sigma 70-300 APO DG from my deck and they were about 8 - 10 feet away and below me. They came out much better than I expected!

Attachments

• IMGP6578a.jpg
    IMGP6578a.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMGP6597b.jpg
    IMGP6597b.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 94
That spider shot .... Thats calander quality! Good job.

I also like the one of Aluminum Overcast and Mt. Shasta.

Chasing flies for practice really helps me keep the subject in focus, especially with my 70-300 lense...

Another trick that I use, is keeping my left eye open while the right is on the view-finder. I do that already when I'm working with my rifle, so it's pretty much second nature.

Anyway, I have been fooling with some video DVD software, and thought I'd practice on it using some of my floral photographs. I set it to some music, so it's sort of a music video, but unlike the ones we post over in the IL-2 lounge, this doesn't have bullets flying everywhere and thrashed aircraft. :lol:

I have it posted at YouTube (there's 2, actually) but this is the link to the first:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkm7p8lPVeI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back