How Do I Do It

Pisis

2nd Lieutenant
5,803
43
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Location
Praga Mater Urbium
Here is how do I spend Christmas/Hanukkah holidays. I took some pictures from both festivals.

24th December - traditional Czech Christmas at my grandma's. She's a Christian and she is almost 80 and she'd be sad if we wouldn't join her on this Eve
 

Attachments

  • x0_171.jpg
    x0_171.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 367
  • x4_950.jpg
    x4_950.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 364
  • x2_182.jpg
    x2_182.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 397
  • x3_141.jpg
    x3_141.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 375
  • x1_129.jpg
    x1_129.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 384
  • image1_183.jpg
    image1_183.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 367
Winter in Prague Old Town streets.... I took these pics on 25th Dec
 

Attachments

  • h1_202.jpg
    h1_202.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 373
  • h2_199.jpg
    h2_199.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 383
  • h3_140.jpg
    h3_140.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 368
  • h4_136.jpg
    h4_136.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 360
  • h5_741.jpg
    h5_741.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 382
  • x5_190.jpg
    x5_190.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 376
Some shots from Hanukkah opening festival at Spanelska (Spanish) synagogue..... 25th Dec.....
 

Attachments

  • h8_455.jpg
    h8_455.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 362
  • h10_210.jpg
    h10_210.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 359
  • h11_689.jpg
    h11_689.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 379
  • h7_177.jpg
    h7_177.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 363
  • h6_172.jpg
    h6_172.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 369
  • h9_155.jpg
    h9_155.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 363
Oh and here's one I took a while ago....... Nothing to do with holidays... :D
 

Attachments

  • image2_105.jpg
    image2_105.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 356
Today I was invited into Jewish Community of Teplice (Teplitz), which was a 2nd biggest Jewish community prior to WW2... Also a lot of Czech Germans lived there, Czechs were almost a minority. My Grandmother was originally from Teplice.

It was a Spa (Teplice="a warm place"), very prosperring and it has some wonderful Sudeten architecture. Nobody knows nowadays how to build such houses...

War destroyed everything... Almost no Jews live there by now, and a very few Germans (who probably came just after the Communist regime fell...).

The Community counted some 6,000 people before the war, only a few singles returned from camps... Today the Community counts some 120, mostly old, members. They're slowly rebulding it, and from what I saw, it is quite successful. I saw some young pretty girls there, too.

I took some pics...
 

Attachments

  • image26_167.jpg
    image26_167.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 324
  • image24_112.jpg
    image24_112.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 330
  • image23_108.jpg
    image23_108.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 329
  • image18_413.jpg
    image18_413.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 330
  • image16_287.jpg
    image16_287.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image14_159.jpg
    image14_159.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 323
  • image9_832.jpg
    image9_832.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 331
  • image7_835.jpg
    image7_835.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 331
  • image6_122.jpg
    image6_122.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 324
Nice Christmas time Pisis.

sunny
 
great architecture Pisis, love the pic with the snow coming down. the cat seems to be purring...........leave me alone will ya !
 
Thanks for comments, guys! 8)

Erich:
- The pic with the snow coming fown is the Teplice Jewish Community Center
- The cat was sleeping, but after I read your comment, it made ma laugh when I looked back at it :lol:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back