Hurricane Mk1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
I'm back on topic with an actual WW2 plane! :shock:

Actually, I'm pretty happy how this is going - there's probably a few tweaks to do, but so far, so good :)

(It is an early 1940 model by the way, so things like markings, exhausts, aerials will be slightly different to a lot of pictures)

Attachments

• Hurricane_Mk1_601Sqn_test4.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk1_601Sqn_test4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 419
I agree with Evan, one of my favorites. Great reputation as being easy to fly. Like that.

Clave, is that one of the fabric winged Hurricanes. I think they were changing over to metal wings around this time. Just curious if it affects the drawing.

Great work, as always.

It seems they changed over to metal-covered wings quite early on, and even retrofitted some of the first Mk1s with metal wings... I haven't seen any difference in the pictures I've looked at though....

The big step is the Mk2 with protruding cannon... I'm looking at those after I have done a few more Mk1s... :)

Finnish one next!

V2's opinion + :thumbleft:
Magnificent work, as usual Clave.

:lol:

I need an opinion on the Romanian one:

No1? or No2?

First one is strictly following the flag yellow as seen on the tail, the second one had a more 'Bf-109' colour for the yellow...

Attachments

• Hurricane_Mk1_Romania_Bright.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk1_Romania_Bright.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Hurricane_Mk1_Romania_Dull.jpg
    Hurricane_Mk1_Romania_Dull.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 417
More a fan of #2 for the way it probably looked in operation use. But #1 is prettier.

Another nice set. Romanians had Hurricanes? Knew the Yugos did as well as the Belgians and Russians. But did not know the Ruminians had any sizeable numbers.

Nice Clave.To be honest the yellow colour during the a/c exploitation was getting dirty and could look like in the second profile.So both profiles look graet. :thumbleft:

:lol:

I need an opinion on the Romanian one:

No1? or No2?

First one is strictly following the flag yellow as seen on the tail, the second one had a more 'Bf-109' colour for the yellow...

Airfix (1/72) made a kit with this decals in 1998.

Bullo Loris

Clave, great job done. You know, I have almost a sentimental relatiinship with this one. It was the first fighter that Czech and Polish pilots flew in Great Britian in the Summer 1940 (Battle of Britian). My first skin was a Hurricane Mk.Ia. And it is my favorite plane of all time, too! 8)

:thumbleft:

You could be making skins!!!

Many thanks :D

I have not done with this yet, so I will be posting more after I have researched and pondered a few more options, including the Mk2 Night Fighter which I like a lot...8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back