Best Israeli fighter?

Best Israeli Fighter?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
Which of these was the right choice at the right time and had the biggest impact on Israel's affairs over the years, and what are your reasons?

I must confess, I had to look this up as I did not know they ever had any Mustangs or Meteors.

Would say F15 eagle as it has the best (as far as i kow) kill to loss ratio in the world. and would be paying back tenfold what they bought it for.....

I went for the Mirage III because of its importance to the 6 day war. Had they not had it, they stood an excellent chance of losing and the results don't bare thinking about.
There is no doubt in my mind that the F15 is the best fighter of its type but had Israel not had it, I believe they would have survived as a nation with the F16 plus their better training.

I went for the Mirage III because of its importance to the 6 day war. Had they not had it, they stood an excellent chance of losing and the results don't bare thinking about.
There is no doubt in my mind that the F15 is the best fighter of its type but had Israel not had it, I believe they would have survived as a nation with the F16 plus their better training.

I am inclined to agree with you.

While I think they could have done it without the F-15, the fact still remains it is the best aircraft that they have.

The Mirage,the plane is which has to create for the following generations the legend of the IAF.

I think the Mirage was undoubtedly the most important. Sure, the F-15 and F-16 have given them a huge advantage over anyone within a 1000 mile radius, but the Mirages did have a huge role in the 6 Day War.

F15. 30 years. Something like 100 victories and no losses. Seems the Arabs have just given up trying to beat it for the time being.

Anybody ever see the vid where the Israeli brings back the F15 with the left wing gone? Hell of a vid. Hell of a pilot.

I suspect you won't due to the security risk, not the whole thing anyway.

Actually, there have been low-level discussions considering selling the F-22 to Israel (and, possibly, other "friendly" nations), but it would be a very de-rated version with possibly an older, less expensive radar system (maybe the AN/APG-79 AESA as installed in the F-18 Super Hornet).

Although no doubt, the F-15 is the most potent fighter in the IDF/AF, the F-16 often beats the Eagle in dogfights.

As for the F-22, it seems the Israelis prefer the F-35.

F-16.

I believe the F-16 is a better dog fighter.. The F-15 is a better mult-role fighter

Although no doubt, the F-15 is the most potent fighter in the IDF/AF, the F-16 often beats the Eagle in dogfights.

As for the F-22, it seems the Israelis prefer the F-35.

Yes; as I said, there were discussions concerning selling the -22, but I don't think anything was ever decided. However, if I had to guess, I'd say the F-22 is too expensive for just about every other country in the world. For the money, and considering Israel's situation, I'd say the F-35 would be more practical.

The original reason for offering up the F-22 for international sale was to keep the production lines open in case the USAF decided to order more of them in a year or two, and to defray the per-unit cost over it's production run.

would vote the spitfire early ones had biggest impact during 1948 war

Users who are viewing this thread

Back