Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arado Ar-234 'Blitz'

• Heinkel He-280

• Gloster Meteor

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
This has been asked before, but it was a while ago and the homepage needs a new poll. :D We need some heated debates and arguments as well, conversation has been a bit lacklustre round here recently.

I say Me-262 8)

I think I've covered the main 4 anyways, If ive missed something tell me 8)

I go with Blitz.

Only dropped once, (I think, personal opinion) a better Nachtjager than the '262, on account of its size, although the platform seemed to be more flexible.

Also much more effective as a recce and bomber, on account of better frontal view for bombing and better camera storage.

The He-280 came a lot before the others as well, did it not?

Yeah I see where you're coming from GrG. It was a tricky choice for me, but because the 262 was actually used a lot, lot more it just swung me towards it.

In terms of favouritism though, the Blitz runs away with it for me. :D

well the hornot fighter never saw combat but if it was intredused i would go for it but its not. id stick with the 262.

Attachments

• iaf_132.gif
    iaf_132.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,729
the lancaster kicks ass said:
i'm temped to go for the meteor because it's a great plane, but if i say it's the best i know i'll get proved wrong................

Too damn right.

The Germans kinda got the whole jet thing sorted...

GermansRGeniuses said:
The Hornet was a super Mossie, a piston plane.

Unless you mean the F-18...

That has nothing to do with WW2 at all, and so doesn't count.
damn not the hornot sorry i mean the horton. :lol:

Attachments

• iaf_204.gif
    iaf_204.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,641
cheddar cheese said:
i'm temped to go for the meteor because it's a great plane, but if i say it's the best i know i'll get proved wrong................

Too damn right.

but after the war the meteor became one hell of a fighter, the first to break the 600mph in level flight mark and the backbone of the RAF's day and night fighting capibilities, you can't say it wasn't a good fighter, it just never really got a chance to prove itself in WWII.................

and the germans started their jet program earlier, we didn't really show much interest in the concept early in the war, it was only due to whittles tireless work that the meteor came into service when it did...............

cheddar cheese said:

Too damn right.

but after the war the meteor became one hell of a fighter, the first to break the 600mph in level flight mark and the backbone of the RAF's day and night fighting capibilities, you can't say it wasn't a good fighter, it just never really got a chance to prove itself in WWII.................

and the germans started their jet program earlier, we didn't really show much interest in the concept early in the war, it was only due to whittles tireless work that the meteor came into service when it did...............

I agree that the Meteor was formidable after the war, but that isnt during the war is it?

And who knows, the early versions of the Meteor might have been shit in combat. They probably wouldnt have been though.

what are you agreing to NH??

And who knows, the early versions of the Meteor might have been s**t in combat. They probably wouldnt have been though.

but if it saw combat against the 262 you have to remember the 262 wasn't exactily the most manouverable plane was it?? and the meteor didn't have fuel and acceleration probelms on the same scale as the 262................

and if it's manouverable enough to take on a V-1 (which if your gonna tip with your wingtip needs a very agile plane) it can't have been that bad...............

but that isnt during the war is it

and it might have been, it never got a chance to prove itself in combat though so alas, we'll never know................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back