Best Apache model brand

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

msabell

Recruit
Jul 6, 2012
Hi guys, I am new to this forum as I've had a sudden urge to rekindle my childhood hobbie of building model aircraft.

I've always had a thing for Apache's (AH-64), looking them up online/eBay there are many different brands, i.e. Tamiya, Hasegawa, Eduard.

Does anyone have a preference, or built one recently that was good/bad/etc?

Many thanks
Michael

dunno about other brands...but I would strongly suggest you STAY AWAY from the revell 1/32 kit. They may be available at a very low prince...and for a good reason. That has to be among the worst kits ever made

I agree with Wayne Little-stick to the likes of Tamiya, Hasegawa,Trumpeter,Academy or Eduard (this brand is usually a bit more difficult and requires a bit more modelling experience due to the more 'deconstructed' design of the kits).

I have two UH-1 kits in 1:72 by Revell, and they are very nice, but I suggest take Jip Nl's advice on the Revell Apache kit.

Take a look at sights like Hyperscale, Modelingmadness and Aircraftresourcecenter, you'll find lots of kit reviews on there that are sure to help

OMG Thank you for reminding me :D

I have a Ah-64 model made for the movie "Firebirds" that I got at a local garage sale for 2 bucks, it was by far the greatest and best kit I enjoyed restoring (and how I got back into modeling), it had garish pink, purple, light blue, neon green paint on it that some girl tried to assemble and at the time I really wanted to restore the thing, I wish I took pics but I was too young.

I took another kit that I got 3 months later at another garage sale and scavenged the two kits to make 1. Until reading your post I forgot where I put the thing, but your post reminded me, here is a pic (I'll post more in the your model section in the forum so I dont steal your thread :D). I think it was a old AMT kit but I can't recal, I know it had "Firebirds AH-64" or something writen on it. When I look at it now it just looks hilarious, the canopy was perfect but when I added it onto the frame I smudged it everywhere with glue (I should of posed the canopy open, it had that option) lol, thats what you get when you start modeling again after a couple years, out of all the models its the one I really love the most, it reminds me of how much it kicked off my passion again and how much I learned since :D, most of the spare parts that were used were the wheels, the weapons and the machine gun, I didn't want to put a half mangled purple and redish pink machine gun with a flower glued to it as this Apaches main weapon of choice.

DSCN4907.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys :) I just bought a Hasegawa 1:48 Apache kit off eBay (we don't have a lot of choice down my way, I'm in Bairnsdale in Victoria), next step is getting the kit and checking out what colours are required. I did Google this and found one site that says I need black, olive drab etc, several different shades of grey/silver (surely I can use just one and make do?). So yeh I am pretty excited and can't wait to get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back