kits of pre war polish aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
after visiting Terry (Airframes) he kindly gave me some 1/72 kits that he wouldnt be building including three polish kits pictured below.

i'm hoping some body can point me in the right direction paint scheme's wise.

i can get humbrol, revell or vallejo paints so any suggested colours and corrosponding manufacturer numbers would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 126
Oh Karl .... there is a lot of work for these models.However, the first one I mean the P-50 Hawk should be of bare metal colour.I think you can use ther silver or aluminium or even a mix of then to paint it.There is a few pics of the plane prototype only.And all these show the aircraft partially.Some years ago there appeared a couple of pice from Germany with not finished ( desolate ) aircraft frame.These pics were taken after the September campaign 1939 in Warsaw.I think the kit needs some serious corrections.But if you can assemble it quite precisely and paint smoothly it can be a nice model.In addition there aren't any close up pics of interior or accurate drawings for making the model better.

The second one is P-23 Karaś but it is a very very old kit.Personally I prefere the Heller one to this kit.What can I say, sanding, sanding, putty, putty and filers thase are the main tools for the build. Paints for the model can be
khaki II - Humbrol 26 or 142, Testors 1702, Tamiya XF52 or XF64, I suggest Polish acrylic paint Pactra A23.
light blue-grey - Humbrol 124 or 65, Tamiya XF66 or XF23, I suggest Humbrol 127 / Pactra A85 or Pactra Polish Blue I or II / A68 or A70.
Interior - khaki.

The last one is a kit of RWD-8. It is the nicest kit here.Quite easy model to assemble.Some corrections also are needed.Colours also not too many there.Khaki II or khaki IV(red-brown,rusty - there is no accurate info on it), silver or aluminium paint on the engine cowling.The interior colour depended on a factory and could be light blue-grey or khaki or silver.The most important thing is to know if the real RWD-8 you want to make the model, was of RWD factory build or PWS' because PWS used a different exhaust pipes on the bottom of the engine cowling.

thanks Wojtec i'll do my best with them !
i think you can build both types of the RWD-8 as the instructions show optional pipes out of the bottom of the engine, this kit is my favorite so i'm glad its the best of the three :lol:

Nice. Here you are some pics of my RWD-8 (PWS)

Attachments

• Rwd8.jpg
    Rwd8.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Rwd8_1.jpg
    Rwd8_1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Rwd8_3.jpg
    Rwd8_3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 148
  • RWD8_cockpit.JPG
    RWD8_cockpit.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 170
You are welcome Karl. But I thought the main camo colour should have been much more olive (redish)

Nice model, Wurger! I want to clear something up though about the colors. Is it correct that in Europe "khaki" is actually some kind of green color? In the U.S. khaki is a tan color.

Venganza

Very nice model Wojtek, and an attractive little aeroplane.
V, it's a bit like that here. The name 'Khahki' was 'imported' to Britain by the troops serving in India and, so I'm told, is derived from a slang word for sh*t! Makes sense, as the colour is close! It's the original colour first used on British Army uniforms, when changed from the beautiful targets of red etc. Generally, in Britain, Khaki is a greenish brown colour, more towards the brown, and the best example of the originall colour can be seen on WW2 British 'Battle Dress' uniforms.
Since then, of course, the term has become almost standard for any colour in the green/brown range, and some people even refer to what we know as Olive Drab as Khaki. I think the US colour is probably nearer the original shade.
Terry.

Thanks, Terry. That's what I was thinking, that the "Khaki" color in Europe was more like an olive color than a tan color. That's interesting about the origin of the word. I knew it came from British India, but I didn't know it was from the Hindi (or Rajputani, or Bengali, etc.) equivalent of the Spanish "caca".

Venganza

Terry is right about the khaki tonality.It was of olive-green- brown one.For Polish planes were used two colours with two different tonalities , one was much more olive-green and the another was of much more olive-brown tonality

This might be useful. Not much time at the moment but I promise I will be back soon.

Attachments

• rwd80001.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 825
Terry is right about the khaki tonality.It was of olive-green- brown one.For Polish planes were used two colours with two different tonality one was much more olive-green and the another was of much more olive-brown tonality

Thank you gentlemen for the clarification about the color. One less thing to confuse me (I'm confused enough already).

Venganza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back