Modelling Tools and Equipment. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
G.I.Jive was asking about the tools and equipment some of us modellers use, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to show some of the stuff I have used, and accumulated, over the past 30 to 40 years. Yes, there's at least one or two bits here that I've had since I was 16!
The first pic shows the main three storage case I keep the bits and pieces in, when not in use. On the left, a 'free-with-a-gallon-of-oil' plastic tool box, which contains such items as my mini-drill; in the centre, the main case for paints, brushes and other essentials, and on the right, a lunch-box (!) that holds the compressor, airbrushes and accessories.
Picture 2 shows most of the paints and bits and pieces, whilst Picture 3 shows a selection of tools, such as the mini-drill, vice etc.
Picture 4 is mainly the cutting tools, many and varied, whilst Picture 5 is my 'cheapo' compressor, a pair of different nozzled air brushes and other bits and pieces.
Finally, the last picture is of my faithfull, much travelled and battered 'angle poise' lamp, fitted with a 'daylight' bulb.
There is a lot more, but I didn't have room to spread it all out!

Attachments

• Accesys 005.jpg
    Accesys 005.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 441
  • Accesys 008.jpg
    Accesys 008.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 465
  • Accesys 009.jpg
    Accesys 009.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 444
  • Accesys 012.jpg
    Accesys 012.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 448
  • Accesys 017.jpg
    Accesys 017.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 453
  • Accesys 016.jpg
    Accesys 016.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 446
Ah! I thought that at first, then decided it looked a bit small. Good idea, but I just use my mini vice, although I avoid PE so don't have the need anyway.

Here's mine. I have a Dremel Tool (high speed power drill), a vice and a drill press from way back. Also have a 30yo Badger Airbrush with two different Paasch brushes that are VERY basic.

Here is the rest of my crap. This is my basic kit. Have other stuff that floats around, but you get the gist.

Attachments

• DSCF2003.JPG
    DSCF2003.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCF2004.JPG
    DSCF2004.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCF2005.JPG
    DSCF2005.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 390
Nice selection there Matt. See you eventually got the same pin vice as mine!

Yeah I just got it. Has bits down to 0.3mm. I mean TINY! Now I don't have to hand hold my Dremel bits. And it only cost me $7 USD. Cheap! It comes with two double-headed chucks built into the handle. I got bits from 0.3mm to 2mm. About 30 bits in all. Not bad for $7. Thank you very much, China. Hopefully the 5yo child who made them got to go home early on her 18 hour work shift.

My problem is I have got too many tools and nowhere to build as the homemade CNC machine took up the space. Homemade mini panelsaw is on top of the freezer. drawers and cupboards are all full. Sliding table under CNC has an A3 cutting mat on it.

Mini camera on CNC is to centre cutter on edges or corners of sheet and can centre it on holes.

th_DSCF5246.jpg

Attachments

• cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 228
  • cnc2.jpg
    cnc2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 221
  • cnc3.jpg
    cnc3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 231
  • cnc1.jpg