Need white decal... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,
One of my future projects is a Bf 109F-4 (white 6) flown by Heinz Schmidt (173 vict.) during June 1942 in 4./JG52.
I don't have any problem with the "white 6" made with Tally Ho decals but I've a problem because his aircraft wears the name "Gerda" in white below the cockpit.
Sometimes I make myself my own decals (like blue 13 not surrounded in white of Dahl Fw190A-8 during summer 1944) but it's always in color with a transparent decal sheet
I'm not a professionnal and I don't know how to do this decal in white. Anybody to help me please ? :(

TIA, regards
Steph

It's not easy to print a white if you don't have a special printer with an ink of such colour. Instead of this you can paint the clear decal sheet or its part with the white gloss colour. Then print a such name as the clear (white) one with black outline and then cut out it. Of course without the black outline.

But I would suggest painting it on the fuselage directly by making a mask. It can be done by using a scale xero copy of an inscription and masking tape. Here is an example of a such way.

Source ... 1/32 Dragon Mustang (with aftermarket goodies) 505th FS 6N-X "Tar - ARC Discussion Forums - Page 2

DSC_3968.gif

DSC_3969.gif

DSC_3970.gif

DSC_3972.gif

DSC_3974.gif

DSC_3975.gif

DSC_3977.gif

Last edited:
If you don't feel up to doing it yourself you could get a decal made.
Try here.
parkes682decals

Alternatively you could get a set of masks made here. I'm not sure how practicle it would be to just do the name. I've seen the results of using Mal's masks first hand and very impressive they are.
Home - MIRACLE PAINT MASKS

Cheers
Steve

stona please,
I'm trying to get in touch with people Porel issue parkes682decals white printing since I died alps head I can not print the way I like the decals and I'm very interested in the subject, do you know any address mail that is not the contact whose there?, is that for nearly a month they send the mail but do not respond, and I can done a line with the theme ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back