1/72 Italeri Douglas DC-3 Dakota decals, instructions and possibly parts missing/ (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aug 25, 2009
I went to duxford flying legends today (was excellent as always) and got a Dakota to do as one that would have flown the american airbourne to France during d-day. The kit is second hand and made by Italeri. When I got it the box was sealed with tape but when opening later to have a look inside I found that the instructions and decals are missing. There may also be parts missing but as I don't have the instructions I don't really know. Also the model has been started by the previous owner as some parts have been taken off the sprue and the cockpit has been made longer. There are also parts for the "spooky" version in the box. I will put pictures up to show whats in the box. Has anyone got any suggestions for what I can do with it?
Thanks, VFM-76 Hellcat
DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

If thare are all the main parts. I mean both halves of fuselage, wings, engines with their nacelles, there is a possibility of assembling the kit though.I suggest gathering some references for a Dacota firstly.Then making decision on her variant and painting. And then assembling with some details scratch-built. Decals you can order via the net as there should be a few offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back