Hudson bombbay colour Whirlwind (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aircro

Airman 1st Class
Jan 10, 2009
What is the colour of RAF Lockheed Hudson III bombbay: interior green, aluminium or something else? And, does anybody have a picture or drawing of Westland Whirlwind F I wheelbay?:|

Last edited:
From the little I've seen of the Hudson bomb bay, it appears to be Interior Green, possibly Bronze Green. Sorry, can't help with the Whirlwind stuff, it appears to be as rare as rocking horse doo doos!

From the little I've seen of the Hudson bomb bay, it appears to be Interior Green, possibly Bronze Green. Sorry, can't help with the Whirlwind stuff, it appears to be as rare as rocking horse doo doos!
Thanks anyway, Airframe.

The rocking horse stuff might be easier to find I think....

....does anybody have a picture or drawing of Westland Whirlwind F I wheelbay?:|

Hi
If no one else posts anything I have some stuff ( think photos plans ) but it will take a day or two to find it,
As i am looking anything else whirlwind required whilst i am looking ? I always like an excuse to look at my whirlwind stuff.:D
cheers
jerry

Hi
photo from manual of tail wheel bay
page from 4 + book ( worth the buy)
I will see what else I have .
cheers
Jerry

Attachments

• AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0218Drw.gif
    AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0218Drw.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • page (21).jpg
    page (21).jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 116
Great stuff Jerry! It must be about 40 years ago when I had some pics and drawings on the Whirlwind, sadly since lost in house moves etc.

Wow,Jerry,just-Wow! Especially first photo - what a suprize. My Airfix Whirlwind is scribed and waiting since last year.

This is great! I have an Airfix Whirlwind, and an airwaves PE interior set, but no information on the wheel bays, so this will help a lot. Thanks

Hi All,
Glad you liked it, Ihave been a bit busy, but still looking,
Came across these and thought they maybe of interest.
cheers
jerry

Attachments

• CCF08092007_00042.jpg
    CCF08092007_00042.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 104
  • CCF08092007_00044.jpg
    CCF08092007_00044.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 89
Hi All,
Getting a bit closer I think...:)
cheers
Jerry

Attachments

• DSCF0970.JPG
    DSCF0970.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 88
  • AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0194Drw.gif
    AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0194Drw.gif
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 90
  • AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0122Drw.gif
    AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0122Drw.gif
    982.5 KB · Views: 91
  • AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0121Drw.gif
    AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-0121Drw.gif
    972.8 KB · Views: 88
  • AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-018Drw.gif
    AirPublication.1709A.Vol.1-018Drw.gif
    998.7 KB · Views: 95
  • UDCR.jpg
    UDCR.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
W... w... what a shock! BrewerYerry where did You get this material, do You have something about Vickers Wellesley??? Whirlwind would stay for some more time, I'm workin' on Airfix (1/72) Typhoon and yust finish geting fater engine cowling (after I glue fuselage halves -then I discover that is cowling 2mm to thin).

:shock:Amazing, yust amazing:shock:... Whirlwind would wait for some more because I'm now workin on Airfix (1/72) Typhoon (I discover that engine cowling is 2mm to thin AFTER I glue fuselage halves so... I make it fat). But, Your stuff Brewerjerry, it made me veryvery happy - do You have anything about Vickers Wellesley???

Hi All,
Just for those interested in the whirlwind there are three new kits being issued by special hobby in 1:72
I have bought one and am waiting for it to arrive.:D
It does not seem to be a re release of either the airfix or pavla molds.
For those really keen there is a seller in poland with some, and they are on e bay:D
..... strangely at a realistic price....:confused:

cheers
Jerry

fighter bomber version

CMK Kits ESHOP

prototype version and .......

CMK Kits ESHOP

fighter

CMK Kits ESHOP

note site has wrong photo for model but correct details.

For that price I would buy it only if is in 1/32 scale. On old kits you have something (or everything) to do, any child can build Hasegawa or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back