Research on a Night fighter (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Max, Hi there.
I have failed to find any reference to a Lancaster lost the night of the Hamburg Raids in 1943. It just seems to have fallen off the map. If you can find any indication what happened to them I would be grateful. All I have is that it was a Lancaster ED534 and I believe it flew out of RAF Bottesford.
Thank you
Spurius

Max, Hi there.
I have failed to find any reference to a Lancaster lost the night of the Hamburg Raids in 1943. It just seems to have fallen off the map. If you can find any indication what happened to them I would be grateful. All I have is that it was a Lancaster ED534 and I believe it flew out of RAF Bottesford.
Thank you
Spurius

Do you have the exact night it went missing over Hamburg? I'll have a look for you when I get home.

In answer to your question, from the same source as above: 28/29th July 1943.

Lt. Franz Rubsam: 1./JG Hermann Lancaster 13km N.E. Hamburg: 4,500m 01:25 poss. 467 Squadron Lancaster ED534.

Hi Max,

I have my doubts about this information. What cross-referencable data has been used to place this plane NE of the target at 1.25?
Spurius

Users who are viewing this thread

Back