Trumpeter F4U-1D (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Has anyone built one of the Trumpeter -1D Corsairs? I can only find a review for a -4, and it was a mixed reaction one, so I'd like to know how the wing folding mechanism works, or if it's like their Hellcat, where it's one or the other (which I'd prefer because it's stronger). Thanks!

I was thinking about getting it, but then I heard that on the -4 the wing folding hinge was horrid, and it could really only be displayed with wings folded. I ended up getting a Fw 190, as I couldn't help myself!

Trumpeter has some interesting stuff in an unusual scale: 1/350, but so far it seems like they only have the American aircraft, Corsairs, Hellcats, Dauntless Avengers. It would be nice to see Val's Kate's {And especially Barracuda's Firefly's!!}

But you know that Trumpeter is made in China, right?

Hey FreeBird....yea China.... But hey if they didn't do it I wouldn't have a 1/24 Dora kit...So!

I wish Hasegawa did one!!!

Dr.Vnos

Yeah I know what you mean... I collect the smaller stuff for dioramas, but it's almost impossible to find 1/432 anymore, except for a few US aircraft. The Trumpeter 1/350 is fairly close, I'm hoping that they put out the British Japanese carrier aircraft sometime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back