FW-190 A detail drawings required (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a default flag, your software says US. I work in avionics at Rockwell Collins in NZ. You can possibly see that already. Flyboy, you seem to get personal very quickly. Words in your posts like ass, jerk, stupid. You also seem willing to put other people down. I really don't think you have cause to resort to these sorts of tactics. Erich, having visited his site, I know for a fact that he does not claim copyright over any photo. He just states the source. Are the photos you refer to YOURS? I think the test of improvement is wether or not a member can speak without being abused or in this case defamed. As for me, I'm not here for the downloads, I'm here for some serious information - numbers actually, airframe and wing ordinates for the moment for the F4U-1.

if you were aware of LEMB and the 12 o'clock high discussion board then you would know of what I speak. I own prints given to me by vets before this person even had them in his "ownership". so are they mine .......... yes they are

I'm aware of the LEMB discussion and in that case it seems like one Falke-eins has a special interest in impugning someone's reputation. I will go to 12 o'clock high and see what I can see.

It is a default flag, your software says US. I work in avionics at Rockwell Collins in NZ. You can possibly see that already. Flyboy, you seem to get personal very quickly. Words in your posts like ass, jerk, stupid. You also seem willing to put other people down. I really don't think you have cause to resort to these sorts of tactics. Erich, having visited his site, I know for a fact that he does not claim copyright over any photo. He just states the source. Are the photos you refer to YOURS? I think the test of improvement is wether or not a member can speak without being abused or in this case defamed. As for me, I'm not here for the downloads, I'm here for some serious information - numbers actually, airframe and wing ordinates for the moment for the F4U-1.

Yes, you're damn right I'm ready to put other people down, especially when they were politely asked not to spam here and they came back with some BS. With that said, again I'll tell YOU directly, if you don't like it here, if you don't like any of the mods or our attitudes, or even me personally, you could go find any other sandbox to play in, the Internet is quite large - BTW, I'm one of the more mellow ones here. We don't tolerate @ssholes coming on here throwing their weight around especially if they are NEWBIES. So at this point you're more than welcome to stay and do your Corsair research but if you keep this up you will join Flug-archiv. I hope I make myself abundantly clear!

Falkeeins has stated the obvious of many a detailed and historical researcher. sorry but you are making excuses for someones site and copied material you support .........

I have been to the 12 oclock high forum and I summarise that even the Bundesarchiv does not exclusively own the photos it has collected over the years. Further, the copyright thread really took of with many contributions from everywhere. The thread started with a negative comment directed at Flug-archiv 20, but fortunately much constructive information came from the pages that followed. Despite a bad start, Flug-archiv-20 point of view seems to be upheld - the person who owns the photo is the person who held the camera, unless specifically transfered by the owner to another party.

I am going to produce a new drawing of the F4U-1 Corsair with all measurements. I hope it will be as detailed as the work done by Arthur Bentley. Does Arthur not actually own the illustrations that he has done? I would have thought that the copyright for the illustration is his, just as the copyright for my F4U-1 drawing is mine. My copyright will be for my graphic work, not the actual design of the F4U-1 aircraft. And of course I will be very upset if in subsequent years my detailed illustration with measurements is scanned and copied into publications without my blessing before 50 years is up.

So the issue here is derivative works from an original copyright now in the public domain. Copyright law supports derivative works as a new copyright.

So far Flug-archiv 20 and another member of this forum has been a big help.

Comments please, is my new drawing of the F4U going to be my copyright when I am finished?

actually the Bundesarchiv does own copyright and the holdings are held by them. written permission to use photos and text is required as well as at the Freiburg archiv where textural materials have their own watermark at the top. I have seen the docs used in primitive form with the watermark header removed which is actually illegal. rephrasing/writing said text's is not but full admission of used texts is a no brainer when someone is publishing a bibliography

why should YOu be concerned if the a/c drawing painting be copyrighted and abused in some fashion when you have designed the linear on paper in the first place ? sorry do not see a correlation of your artistic work with ww 2 photo references or ww2 schematics pulled from German texts during the war. there is always going to be rumor especially on "Nazi" produced texts that they are no copyrights held but public domain as the Reich fell and of course copyright laws are not the same in every nation

Comments please, is my new drawing of the F4U going to be my copyright when I am finished?
If you're going to post your so called "copyrighted material" on an Internet site I think you have the risk of seeing your material copied, especially if dealing with an international base. With that said, you might want to contact an attorney in your country to see what your rights are. I'd like to see what recourse you have internationally especially the time and cost to sue someone over this. In my opinion if you post material that could be "stolen" in your eyes, by placing it on the Internet with no means of protecting your work, whether it's by an embedded icon or obscuring your work with a big "COPYRIGHT" written across from it, ultimately it's your own fault for posting it in the first place...

I personally hate all the copyright laws and the nerds that are sooooo very concerned about whether something of theirs is copied without permission and whatnot, especially when posted on the internet....

Why should anyone care whether or not pictures that u own be copied and circulated freely??? Does it hurt ur feelings??? Does it cost u $$$ when some Fw 190D fan puts ur pic up at a WW2 message board???

Oh, u want noteriety??? U want ur props??? Hows this for props:
30834.jpg

Or better yet....
32167.gif

And if that doesnt cover all ur inner desires to be someone important whose name travels the globe millions of times a month, heres one final hurrah for the copyright holders who cry if their sh!t gets "illegally" spread....
32149.gif

If I draw something, then it is my property and if you copy it without my permission or without the permission of the person I sell it to, then you have stolen something. It is that simple. There are a million ways something can end up on the internet without my permission. But the person who put it there has basically stolen it. In the real world, people get away with this because it would cost real money to take you to court. Theft is theft, it is a moral thing.

If I have an old photo that I bought in a junk shop, it does not mean that I am allowed to copy it. But in the real world, I could copy it without penalty because the person who actually shot it has probably passed away.

If later find that the old photo is also in someone elses collection, I can not claim exclusive ownership, and nor can the other person. So both myself and the other person have equal rights to copy it.

A museum can not claim ownership because they did not shoot the image, they have just assumed custodianship. They have the right to copy but do not have ownership. Anyone who has the same antique negative or photo can copy it as they like.

I have put a lot of work into my drawing of the F4U and yes, it has cost me something. Before I am finished it will cost me a lot more too. I do expect to get my money back plus some for having done it. Same as Arthur Bentley etc.

lesofprimus, uurr little animation of AH is funny. Did you make it yourself? You are basically saying that you will steal stuff and spread it around however you like. Because the moderators of this discussion are not cautioning you, it is beginning to sound like this forum is encouraging people to disrespect other people's property and the official position is that it is ok to defame too.

Also FLYBOY, an art work does not have to have copyright plastered all over it for it to be illegal for you to copy it. Whether or not a copyright thief ends up counting the cost infringement is dependent on whether or not the copyright owner has the financial means to prosecute.

lesofprimus, uurr little animation of AH is funny. Did you make it yourself? You are basically saying that you will steal stuff and spread it around however you like. Because the moderators of this discussion are not cautioning you, it is beginning to sound like this forum is encouraging people to disrespect other people's property and the official position is that it is ok to defame too.
Since ur obviously not bright enough to realize it, I am a moderator, one of the mosre senior ones at that, and ur entire post read something like this....

"Blah blah blah blah..."

Heres some of the words u used in ur above post....
MY
Permission
Permission
Sell
Permission
Stolen
Allowed
Ownership
Ownership
Steal
Property
Copyright
Illegal
Copyright
Thief
Infringement
Copyright
Financial
Prosecute

Are u that much of a self involved @sshole??? "Im important, look at me... Get my permission or else..."

What a lame @ss...

I have done several drawings myself, and have posted them freely across the web.... Do I care what others do with them???

No....

And I would steal any copyrighted picture if I could and spread them across the globe in the hopes that I would in some way shape or form help educate the masses and invite the millions of planet monkeys that have no idea what aviation in WW2 was like....

Its greedy @ssholes like urself that make this world so much more difficult to get through.... Why dont u go give urself an enema, cause ur obviously so jammed up full of sh!t, ur eyes are turning brown....

Also FLYBOY, an art work does not have to have copyright plastered all over it for it to be illegal for you to copy it. Whether or not a copyright thief ends up counting the cost infringement is dependent on whether or not the copyright owner has the financial means to prosecute.
You're right - and in your case I don't think you have the financial or MENTAL means to do any of the above - as Les put it you're a greedy bastard who's a "legend in his own mind." This is your last warning - drop this issue or else I'm gonna ban your ignorant ass!!!!

I find the actions of certain 'Moderators' deplorable...

How do I get to be a moderator as I feel I too can act like a spoilt child... so who's dick did lesofprimus suck to get the job ?

Simon

I find the actions of certain 'Moderators' deplorable...

How do I get to be a moderator as I feel I too can act like a spoilt child... so who's dick did lesofprimus suck to get the job ?

Simon
You just got an infraction - this situation did not concern you. Another outburst like this and you're banned permanently.

I can not believe what I am reading here.

What went wrong and when?

I can not believe what I am reading here.

What went wrong and when?

For the benifit of concerned readers....

Several of our members reported another member who runs an ebay business for spamming. He posted 7 repetitive posts plugging his site. he was POLITELY told not to spam this site. He came back and starting bitching about copyrighted material. As the correspondence continued I could see I was dealing with utter stupidity so he was banned. Later on Mr. Emilian started on the same bandwagon and he was warned, later he got a dose of "Les." Mr Bomber thought it was appropriate to respond in kind so now he's temporarily gone.

This site is for the benefit of the membership to discuss and share WW2 aviation data, and that is a main point of the technical forum. None of us are making money on this sharing of information. There are some individuals who feel they have birth right to some of this material and feel because they "acquired" such material they should be recognized or paid for their acquisition. Either way I leave that to the lawyers but at the same time we will not be bullied or intimidated by these wanna-bees who feel they need to be recognized for their self-proclaimed greatness.

Now with that said, I'm giving a waring to anyone who disrespects ANY moderator - shut your mouth or you're gone. At this point I'd like this thread to get back on track or else I'm going to lock it.

I will say it for the last time. Pictures from WW2 that Flug what ever his name is was selling were not taken by him, therefore they are not copyrighted.

As posted by other members who have bought from him they were copies anyhow and very low quality copies at that.

So for the record, if anyone here including yourself Emilian who really loves this flug guy from EBAY go and find the forum that he is trying scam on and post there. NO ONE IS KEEPING YOU AT THIS FORUM!

I thought I was entitled to an opinion...

As I read the board, although I've not made any comment up to that moment I still considered that I was involved...

I don't think the actions of some of the moderators has been as good as it could have been... their attitude has been poor, the abuse unwarranted and if you want to ban me for saying it then by all means it's your board you can do as you wish...

But don't for one minute think that you can intimidate me into silence by threats of a ban....

Up till now I've thought this board populated by folk with a common hobby and interested, who treated each other with respect..

The moderators can if they wish prohibit the post that, they have... and for the reason they have... which I actually agree with... However there's a right way, a dignified way to go about it and this thread isn't an example of it...

Ban me for saying it... ban me for critisising the attitude of a moderator.. but if you do ban me, it's says more about you than me.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back