Grumman TBF Avenger (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ivan1GFP

Tech Sergeant
Mar 19, 2008
Pardon the quality of the scans. There appears to be an issue with the scanner I am using. Perhaps these will do in the meantime. I will attempt to post better scans if the issue gets resolved.

- Ivan.

Attachments

• Avenger1of4.jpg
    Avenger1of4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,397
  • Avenger2of4.jpg
    Avenger2of4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,390
  • Avenger3of4.jpg
    Avenger3of4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,344
  • Avenger4of4.jpg
    Avenger4of4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,398
Great photo! My Dad was a gunner on the Avenger, in the Atlantic. He was in VC-55, on the CVE-25, USS Croatan, during Operation Teardrop. I'm trying to gather as much information about the plane and his ship.

Joe

Bar none probably my favorite WWII aircraft...

I like alot of them, and it's hard to choose a favorite. But considering the fact I was lucky enough to have my butt trembling in the back-seat of one of these for a while, she certainly has a level of sentimental fondness.

awesome scans!
is it alright if I post them on my Pinterest?
I'd give full credit of course

fair winds and following seas,

pat

All I did was to put a book on a scanner so that others could also use the information.
If anyone tried to make money off of this, I believe it would be unethical.

- Ivan.

Ivan, thank you for that. I always find it interesting how often very beautiful images can be found over on Flickr, only to have them be "protected." It's a shame. I don't mind not being able to save them to my harddrive, but pinterest basically says where the pic is from to begin with :D and I always like to add to that when it's my own find to further help give credit to the original person.

I've found so many amazing reference pics of the Wildcat on Flickr, only to be "shot down" by a stupid "all rights protected." The way I see it, if the person taking the picture isn't the own/pilot/etc of that Wildcat (like tons of pics I've found from airshows) then why do they get to protect the image? Making money off of it, sure, makes sense. But there's got to be a way to allow people to share freely when there is no money involved.

Ivan, any chance do you have the info on the book you got those from? I'd like to keep that in the "pin's description" box.

Hello GrumpyBadger,

The book is called
"Scale Aircraft DRAWINGS Volume II World War II" by Peter M. Bowers
It is published by Air Age Inc. 1991.

I actually own two copies of this book but I have also found PDFs of the entire book online.

Volume I is for aeroplanes from the Great War (WW I).

Send me the links you are trying to retrieve from Flickr, Perhaps I have a solution.

- Ivan.
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back