Heroes of the Pacific (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gah it is so hard to aim and shoot with the controller... anybody have suggestions?

Yeah, take your time....and lead the target until your sight reticule turns red, then you're good to shoot. As per flying, eh, I got that down right after I took the training courses (degrading though they were). If all this still doesn't help, just replay the first mission until you feel comfortable flying and shooting. Last little tidbit, DO NOT put the game in first-person/cockpit view mode, unless you have a REALLY good stomache, it gets sickening really quickly.

I was thinking of getting Heros of the Pacific or Ace Combat 5 for a friend's son for Christmas. Ace Combat is rated T for Teens and he's only 6 so I worry that one might be a little too tough for him. I had also considered Call of Duty 2 but I really do believe that one would be a little to rough for him right now. Anyone have any ideas?

my name is REDACEBANDIT,, I PLAY HEROES OF PACIFIC,its a very good game..allot of young kids really like this game...people from all over the world play this game u could say i am one the best in this game my dad flys under the name {radioflyer}do u have this game if so what is one of your flying names....

Try the demo. When I tried the demo, it was pretty good.. I'm also searching for this game on the PC.

I've been playing Heroes of the Pacific for a while now and I think it is a great game. 8)

The missions of this game are based on real battles and events and are divided into campaigns (Pearl Harbor, Midway, Iwo Jima, etc.) and these campaigns have a certain number of missions. At the end of each campaign, the game will show you a cut scene of genuine WWII footage.

Aircraft are unlocked in four categories; Fighters, Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers, and Heavy Bombers. Many of the planes also have unlockable variants that have either better weaponry, better flight characteristics, or both (each also has different paint job). The overall quantity of aircraft offered in this game is impressive. Two interesting unlockable planes that never quite made it into the real war are the J7W Shinden and the Blohm Voss P.215.

The game can be played on four modes of difficulty (in order from easiest to hardest): Rookie, Pilot, Veteran, and Ace. "Rookie" is the best for beginners and "Ace" is for those who want a challenge (But beware! Some missions on "Ace" are so hard, you'll want to throw your controller across the room!)

Other things this game offers is an on-line play capability, customizable multi-player games, and "Instant action".

With all the unlockable aircraft, wonderful graphics, challenging missions, and a good story line, I think this game is well worth it if you are an aviation nut 8) ! This is what I think.

I love both games, but I particularly like HOTP, because there are at least some exact historical missions to engage in. Currently, my favorite is the historical mission where you are the Zero tasked with shooting down P38s, not an easy task on anything other than Recuit.

Even on "Ace" I think this mission is too easy.

Try the "Escape from Rabaul", on "Ace", AND taking out all 18 zeros by your lone-some. :evil: Not an easy challenge :evil:

I enjoy this game. Never beat it though, didn't have enough time. I really do like the large variety of aircraft choices

I've acquired an older game, "Heroes of the Pacific". My little son likes it a lot, thus we wanted to play it together - but it seems it's not longer possible to play the game via LAN?

I always get the error information that online services are not available.

While I do understand if after several years there's no online server anymore, I'd consider it to be really annoying if also LAN wouldn't work anymore. Or are there any upgrades/patches to make it work again?

The ports below I've forwarded on my router, the game itself is enabled in the Windows Firewall of both computers.

Ports:
[TCP] 6668, 40000 - 42999 included
[UDP] 6500, 10070 - 10080, 23456 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 44000 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 45000 inbound-outbound
[UDP] 45001 inbound-outbound

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Probably no longer supported on the servers. Anyone here playing Heroes Over Europe?
I think you are probably correct.
Online gameplay server will be available at the sole discretion of the game publisher.
I have tried looking to see if I could find a workaround for the problem and I haven't found any. This is why I think you should always be able to make your own server since the publishers won't support a game forever. As Senex post shows their is almost always interest in the game long after the publisher decides to pull the plug.

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back