Official How To Make A Signature Thread.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK all u noobs, ladies and general miscreants, here is the official signature how to page... I will walk u throgh the steps of making ur signature, or siggy, work properly....

First thing u want to do is find or design a pic that u like.... The size should be in the neighborhood of 520 x 160 pixels... U can link to any picture, or copy it onto ur hard drive and then post it in the Official Signature Avatar Thread here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/si...-test-thread-continued-795-17.html#post296518 and link back to it....

For our example here, I will post a pic from My thread....
25179.jpg

OK, once u have the pic either uploaded onto the Sig thread, or located somewhere else, u need the URL of that particular picture, which in this case, looks like this:

http ://www .ww2aircraft.net/ forum/attachments/signature-general-pics-upload/25179d1143423538-signature-avatar-page-lesofprimus-zsigju-87-g1-bk37new.jpg

Now, to find that address/URL, first what u do is right click the image.... Click on the selection called PROPERTIES....

This image pops up:
51165.jpg

Where it says Address (URL), thats what ur looking for... Highlight that address by Left clicking and while holding down, drag ur cursor across to highlight ENTIRE address, up until the end of the . jpg....

Once it is highlighted, right click the highlighted address and copy it, like below...
51167.jpg

Once u copy it, u need to go to ur USER CP, which is a link at the top menu of our beloved site, right next to Picture Album and FAQ.... Click the USER CP Link....

Once ur in ur User CP, look to the right side menu.... U will see EDIT SIGNATURE... Click that link... U will now see a Preview box and an Edit Signature box....

Underneath the Font Box, u will see the buttons for Bold, Italic etc etc.... From the right hand side of that menu bar, click on the 5th one from the right, which is Insert Image...

A pop up box will show up, Explorer User Prompt... It looks like this...
51168.jpg

In the box provided, Right Click ur mouse, then Paste the copied URL/Address... Once pasted, Click OK...

What u should have would look something like this:
51169.jpg

Now all thats left is the Save Signature Button at the bottom... Click that and ur done...

One more thing:

When pasting your URL between the tags, you can center your siggy by adding [CENTER] before the [img] tag and [./CENTER] after the last [img] tag. This should center the siggy on the page.

IMPORTANT! Remove the period that I added on the last center tag or it won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back