2010 Olympic Ice Hockey (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pbfoot

1st Lieutenant
Apr 14, 2005
niagara falls
2010 Olympic Ice Hockey is near and I thought a discussion might be in order
there are 3 divisions
Group A .........GroupB............ Group C
Canada.......... Russia ........... Sweden
US................ Czech............ Finland
Switzerland......Slovakia.......... Germany
Norway........... Latvia............ Belarus

glad Canada is not in group B that looks tough

Last edited:
Our national couch´s gonna publish our team nomination on Dec 30th.
Anyway, Vokoun´s (Florida Panthers) gonna be our goalie No.1.
Zdeno Chara will be a large part of the team and I really like David Krecji

Dear PBFoot and Fellow Hockey Fans:

The PIPE Here...needless to say, where I'm a :thumbright: HUUUGE Boston BRUINS fan, not only was this year's New Year's Day one of the best in recent memory (2010 Winter Classic at FENWAY PARK on TV) with the B's edging the Flyers 2 - 1 in overtime (Recchi Sturm goals)...

...but (now, I'm NOT certain about this) I'm wiondering if from players on the B's roster at this time, are the Bruins going to have the largest number of Olympic team members of ANY SINGLE NHL team, in the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver?

The latest news is stating that:

Patrice BERGERON (No.37) for Canada...

Zdeno CHARA (No.33) for Slovakia...

David KREJCI (No.46) for the Czech Republic...

Marco STURM (No.16) for Germany...

...and YES, TIM THOMAS (No.30) for the good ol' USA...

...ALL Boston Bruins at this time, will be representing their respective national teams in Vancouver.

That NHL Winter Classic was a GREAT time on the TV on New Years' (beats the heck out of watching college football...unless "your" college IS one that's playing on TV that day)...even American football players seem to have reservations about playing a 60 minute heavy contact sport---ON ICE WITH SKATES---as that's something Troy Brown of theNE Patriots is once known to have stated, when he was guest hosting on one of NESN's Bruins telecasts during an between-period intermission a few years ago.

NHL players HAVE to be the very hardest-working athletes of them all, to do what they do...

...and I'm lookin' forward to seeing as many of my Bruins' team's players playing in the Olympics (of COURSE, I'll be cheering for every "Save By THOMAS" most of all!)

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE! ;)

Ok 5 days to go
Group A: Canada, USA ,Norway, Switzerland

Group B: Russia , Czech Rep, Slovakia ,Latvia

Group C: Sweden, Finland, Germany Belaraus

I'm gonna Canada and the US out of group A
the Russians and Czech out of B
Sweden and Finland out of C unless Belaraus surprises the Swedes again :)

Ok 5 days to go
Group A: Canada, USA ,Norway, Switzerland

Group B: Russia , Czech Rep, Slovakia ,Latvia

Group C: Sweden, Finland, Germany Belaraus

I'm gonna Canada and the US out of group A
the Russians and Czech out of B
Sweden and Finland out of C unless Belaraus surprises the Swedes again :)

I think you got it nailed for the teams that advance - but as you said, there could be surprises.

The Russians certainly have the firepower but will they have defence and goaltending the Czechs are pretty lame on defence , will the Canadians and Americans gel as teams like the Swedes and Finns do lots of variables . Whatever the case its the best sporting event of the year

I think the Russians are the favourites they sure have firepower , Ovechkin, Mogilny and Kovalchuk are certainly a force to worry about. David Krecji for the Czechs was hurt the other night don't know how bad

I think the US has the best goaltending with Ryan Miller but I'm a little sceptical about the rest of the teams heart

The PIPE Here...needless to say, where I'm a :thumbright: HUUUGE Boston BRUINS fan, not only was this year's New Year's Day one of the best in recent memory (2010 Winter Classic at FENWAY PARK on TV) with the B's edging the Flyers 2 - 1 in overtime (Recchi Sturm goals)...

NO KDDING!!!!

That was the BEST!

I just wish they had shown more of Dropkick before the game. They didn't even air the whole song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back