1/32 Ki-61-I Hien (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wojtek,

Nice pictures. The shot of the captured a/c right side cockpit is showing the incorrect oxygen regulator. I was going to add this and found out it was incorrect.
the other shots look good especially the wrecks.

Too bad there such poor information available about these airplanes.

Wojtek,

Too bad there such poor information available about these airplanes.

That's true. Not too many of the cockpit shots can be found.

Anyway .. here is an enlarged and of a little bit better quality area of your image with the oxygen connections . According to the diagram I attached below the one was the oxygen controls ( no.24). It seems to be a kind of a knob with arrows and inscription seen when magnifying the detail. It seems to be in accordance with the scheme of the oxygen system of the Ki-61 I found via the net.

tlen5.jpg

tlen5a.jpg

tlen7.jpg

tlen6.jpg

Last edited:
Good Pictures Wojtek,

I think the top oxygen connector has the arrow on it is the oxygen adjuster and the bottom one is where the hose from the pilot's mask connects.

You might be right. However if you can notice in these pics the way of connection of the pilot's mask could be different. I have found these in a book for the Ki-61 and seem to be taken from a kind of Japanese manual for the maintenance crews of the plane. Also please note the oxygen regulator. It look like the one you need. I hope these can be useful for you. Unless you have already seen them.

tlen1.jpg
tlen2.jpg

tlen3.jpg
tlen4.jpg

tlen5.jpg

Now I am really confused.

It looks like we have two different systems here. One that is mounted on the floor to the right of the pilot and one (the second one) that appears to have an a circular regulator mounted in front of and to the right of the pilot on the side wall.

I wish we had a forum member that could speak japanese and translate what you posted.

どうもありがとうございます Shinpachi さん.

That's a great help !!!! :notworthy:

You are welcome, Wurger and Geo! :)

The Oxygen Generator has three chemical tubes in a basket.
One tube for 75 minutes but does not generate Oxygen soon, so Auxiliary Oxygen Bag is necessary.
Manual says so.

Great. Could you help us with the diagram at my post #83? We would be very grateful.:D Of course wuthout the samll scheme there. Just the main scheme please.

This is the same diagram as your post #83 but not necessarily for the Ki-61 as structure details are different.
I have got this one from Ki-79 Manual as a common basic structure for almost all army planes.

Ki-79_Ventilator.JPG

So,

Looking at the diagrams provided by Wojtek and the excellent translations from Shinpachi, there indeed appears to be a regulator fitted in the same area as where the American one is in the pictures. Also the controls I mentioned on the right side floor of the cockpit appear to be the flow valve and
emergency auto regulator controller. The flow rate indicator is by the instrument panel right side as well as the pressure gauge.
The controls I mentioned earlier on the right side floor may be the control valve and the emergency valve for auto regulator controller?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
First of all , I would like to thank Shinpachi for the great translation and hard work on that again. Thank you !!! :cool: :thumbright:

The controls I mentioned earlier on the right side floor may be the control valve and the emergency valve for auto regulator controller?

What do you guys think?

I think you are right. The control valve or the On-off valve and the the emergency valve for auto regulator controller like you said and these indicators and regulator located at mentioned places. Sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back