1/72 Airfix Ki-46 Dinah II WIP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wingnutz

Airman 1st Class
Apr 20, 2007
Singapore
Hi folks,

Another Airfix kit that got my attention for my Singapore WW2 "Occupation" aircraft. It's an old mould (circa 1966?) but still has potential. The cockpit was just begging to be worked on. All panel lines were re-scribed, added details on the props, spinners, cowlings, landing gear and aerial antenna mast. Camera windows and landing light were from clear plastic.

The aircraft is considered to be one of the best WW2 recon aircraft in the PTO, only to be eventually bested by more powerful allied fighter aircraft late in the Pacific War.

Next> Priming, painting and decals...

airfixdinahboxart.jpg

Ki-46_wip_05.jpg

Ki-46_wip_06.jpg

Ki-46_wip_01.jpg

Ki-46_wip_02.jpg

Ki-46_wip_03.jpg

Very nice mate! I built this kit OOB for a friend in 1997 and even so she was nice. Yours is much more so for the superdetailing! :thumbright:

kia ora...

much thanks kind sir...she ain't much on teeth, but she's got beautiful lines....

Sweet dude :) love the extra details you've created/sourced added, for a 1:72, you have done a credible job, indeed worthy of (HM)IJA(AF) fans affection for the deliciously svelte Dinah, (even if the III version recon with the rounded nose canopy, for me, is the sexier one).
Arrigato wingnuts-chan :D

Sweet dude :) love the extra details you've created/sourced added, for a 1:72, you have done a credible job, indeed worthy of (HM)IJA(AF) fans affection for the deliciously svelte Dinah, (even if the III version recon with the rounded nose canopy, for me, is the sexier one).
Arrigato wingnuts-chan :D

Do itashi mas razorluk-san...

Do itashi mas razorluk-san...
yosh
...4. "DO ITASHIMASHITE" - Quick Japanese - Language - Kids Web Japan - Web Japan.

金魚がもう死んじゃった,お寿司を食べたことがある。- The goldfish died already, I've had sushi before. (joking, well about the goldfish anyway..)

Anyway, who ever design the Replblic/Empire Storm Troopers armoured uniforms, obviously never thought they'd need an 'emmergency' panel or two in the groin guards, let alone that and making them all white. ...be wary of any 'troopers' nick named Grimey, Skids or Smears etc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back