Akagi Rei-sen (on the carrier) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gbr-22

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2010
Hi all!
After the relaxing 'Pete resting on the beach' project, my next work is going to be about Takashi Hirano's A6M2 Zero.Actually is going to be a double project, the first showing Hirano's Zero aboard the Akagi carrier some time before December 7th. The inspiration came from this photo..

0122_zps194fb370.gif

The diorama will show the Zero next to the carrier's island while sailors will be putting the futon mattresses on the bridge..It's going to be quite a demanding task since my intention is to scratchbuild the whole bridge and the part of the deck that the Zero is going to be standing..
The second project which will come after or maybe parallel to this one will depict the same Hirano's aeroplane crashed just outside Fort Kamehameha..This was the first Japanese loss of aircraft durind the Pearl Harbor attack.More about this second project in due time..
Well, for a start, I've finished the 1/48 Hasegawa cockpit adding a lot of stuff to make it more realistic..After finishing the cockpit I riveted all the surfaces of the model..
That is all for now..See you soon!
Cheers,
Panagiotis.

0062_zpsf68855b0.gif

014_zps20b7bb21.gif

532_zps58586253.gif

526_zps75ab255c.gif

498_zps4b9f8deb.gif

477_zps5c16b376.gif

530_zpsd4c6ed97.gif

467_zps84f2eebb.gif

483_zpscbe07aa3.gif

I feel thankful to have your work displayed here for our viewing Panagiotis. Looks like another excellent project in the works judging by the work so far.

F*ck popcorn! This deserves nothing but my finest single malt whisky and a good cigar!
Always a pure pleasure watching your builds Pan, pure and simple....artwork!

Thank you all for your comments of support!!
I'd thought about a single malt - but after a few shots, I'd see two models !
If you like to wait for a few more weeks, you will definitely see two zeros and the malt will not be to blame!!!..:lol:

Always happy to see your spectacular work Panagioti !!!!

John
''Na se kala'' Gianni!(A more informal way to say thanks in Greek)!:D

Well, sth to check out before I get on with painting the Hirano Zero..No aotake in the wheel well and covers but the olive grey there, is that right??
As for the engine cowling interior I suppose aotake is ok..

Thanks a lot in advance!
Panagiotis.

Last edited:
Olive grey is correct for the Mitsubishi built Zeroes in wheel wells and both sides of the landing gear covers, the inside surface of the cowling is the same Blue-Black colour as the outside surface. This colour was also found on the inner upper cockpit decking, see my Zuiho Zero below.

Attachments

• 64_Blue-Black Cowling_2618.jpg
    64_Blue-Black Cowling_2618.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 187
Olive grey is correct for the Mitsubishi built Zeroes in wheel wells and both sides of the landing gear covers, the inside surface of the cowling is the same Blue-Black colour as the outside surface. This colour was also found on the inner upper cockpit decking, see my Zuiho Zero below.
Perfect, Wayne!
Quick replies and to the point! Thank you gentlemen!!!
Geo, thanks, glad you like the pit!

Quick replies and to the point! Thank you gentlemen!!!
Geo, thanks, glad you like the pit!

:thumbright: No point beating around the Bush! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back