Dornier do335 2 seat nightfighter by frog 1/72nd (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
another rare subject and kit this time a do335 nightfighter by frog ,pics to follow shortly

bob1257.jpg

bob1265.jpg

bob1258.jpg

bob1196.jpg

pics show main wings and fuselage assembled ,

thanks for looking

have fun on a pure fantasy piece. we know of pics of twin seaters but nothing in the way of Neptun equipment how it was fitted or ............ speculation is fun isn't it ?

i've found a few details on these aircraft,but it seems that if they were in service it was only 1 or 2 aircraft and then only for a very short time,a single seat aircraft has been restored in the states,on the one engagement by allied aircraft[hawker tempests]it was reported as too fast for the tempests to catch to engage

Last edited:
they were never flown only in the test phase, no service/operational units ever too charge of any Do 335 day or night fighter. Again they were in a test commando - day fighter the night fighter version never even got that far.

The way these FuG antennas are depicted kinda reminds me of the Fw-190A R-11/R-12 rustsatz package! (for the all weather/night fighter role) Had it ever come this far with the Do-335 this seems a likely way for the radar equipment to have been installed (given te construction of the rest of the a/c)

I noticed the smooth look of the plastic as well, seems like this kit is in nice shape given it's age.

the correct terminology for the A-8 NF is Fw 190A-8N as it was for the A-6 and A-7. there is no R-11 or R12 ending

back to work ..........

all of my unmade kits are in as new condition as i was very careful where i stored them,the made up kits from my teens[whats left of them after losing my original vast collection in a break in over 1000 unmade kits]haven't faired that well,once i get my new room finished i will bring them back to restore,

thanks for looking

i followed the colour instructions with the kit Wojtek,doesn't mean their correct though but i'm happy with the results anyway

Well, given the rig never flew as a night fighter, who know what's right and wrong? I agree with Wojtek that the camo on those that did fly would more resemble the one he posted though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back