Italian Stuka - From the Hasegawa kit in 1:32.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good Alberto. Maybe another coat to darken them a bit?

I agree!
I tinned down the Dark Olive Drab color a bit more then usual because I wanted the cross to be still visible, but probably it was too much.
Alberto

Looking very good. But I agree with Terry. According to the pic above and profiles in TOPDRAWINGS no.7 of Kagero the LW and nazi markings vere overpainted with a dark green paint fully. No transparency there. I think it would be better if you just applied these crosses with the dark green paint only. In the way , you would avoid the double work.

Hi,
I think I should have done from the beginning as suggested by Wojtek but I decided to go this way so I needed to find a solution as you can see here:
DSCN1862.JPG
DSCN1863.JPG

Everything is already coated with Future, so there are also some strange light effects, but it seems almost right now.

In the mean time I received the special decals I got made for me (the issue was on white numbers) and I can start with them.
Cheers
Alberto

Still not happy with the over-painting of German crosses, I cleaned part of upper wings once more and re-painted again.
Now I feel it's better, here the pictures:
DSCN1911.JPG
DSCN1913.JPG

But, in the mean time, I received the decals I got made for me and they have been positioned, then the whole model was coated with Future and, later,
DSCN1905.JPG
DSCN1906.JPG
DSCN1908.JPG
DSCN1909.JPG
DSCN1926.JPG
with Vallejo matt varnish.

A few more details:
DSCN1917.JPG
DSCN1920.JPG
DSCN1921.JPG
DSCN1925.JPG

Next step: some weathering, antenna wire and last little details.
Thanks for viewing.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi everybody,
after some time I finally put the words "The End" on this project as well.

Here some pictures of the model:

DSCN2097.JPG
DSCN2098.JPG
DSCN2099.JPG
DSCN2100.JPG
DSCN2101.JPG
DSCN2102.JPG

DSCN2103.JPG
DSCN2104.JPG
DSCN2105.JPG

and some details:

DSCN2066.JPG
View attachment 199973
DSCN2107.JPG
DSCN2108.JPG
DSCN2109.JPG
DSCN2110.JPG
DSCN2111.JPG
DSCN2112.JPG
DSCN2113.JPG

DSCN2073.JPG

For weathering on the dark upper surfaces, I decided to try something different: I used very diluted Row Umber guache that, once dry, is a light brown color.
The contrast is nice and seems nice to me, what do you think?
Cheers
alberto

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back