Done : JV44 Fw190D-9 "Red1" of Heinz Sachsenberg Gruppe Build....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, I see ur point.... I dont have any pastels, but do have colored pencils... Can I use the same theory and try to use that???

As for the Matte coat, I do that after I have the decal down with a slight gloss to seal em??? So, decals down, gloss over them, hit it with the matte coat, followed by some panel line work/weathering, then another matte coat to finish it all up???

Pencil might work? will have to experiment myself to see if this is satisfactory....

Finish ALL decals on the first gloss coat, when they are all on and settled in, then you gloss over the decals to have the same overall gloss finish to your model....then you finish with a matt coat or two....bit more weathering work then you may seal this if you desire....I would allow at least a day between jobs...Decals, Gloss, Matt coat then we see what is required....ok?

I'm off to bed now talk to you tomorrow...

Dan, I've just thought. I don't think Wayne uses Future as a gloss coat, so it might be different the way he works with his gloss. Don't worry though, I'm at the same stage, and the pencil etc doesn't work too well on Future. It will actually BE there, but you can't see it very well, as it will be feint. Bear in mind Future is a floor polish, designed to REPEL things like graphite, chalks, inks etc.
Once you've done all as suggested in the last post, you'll find that doing the pencil work etc on the matt, or semi-matt coat will be a breeze.
It comes up very well, and if you then coat over the top, it looks so natural, you'd think it was a real 'wear' mark, or chip or scuff etc.

OK, I'll give it a try....

Got the decals on and ready for tomorrows final gloss coat...

Attachments

• decals 011a.jpg
    decals 011a.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 56
  • decals 011d.jpg
    decals 011d.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 67
  • decals 017.jpg
    decals 017.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 69
  • decals 023.jpg
    decals 023.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 66
Love it! It's really come alive! Not familiar with the matt coat you have, so I can't advise, but, as it says 'Laquer' on the bottle, it means it will need more thinning than normal; and laquers dry very quckly Dan, so you'll have to check the airbrush, to make sure it doesn't clog.

Dan I have found an article where a guy was painting a model of Mercedes and used MM varnish diluted in 1:1 ratio.But there appeared bruises on the car body the next day.So eihter they gue applied too thick layer of this lacquer or the ratio was wrong.It's true that the kind of finall painting for aircraft should be made in a little different way but it can be a clue.The ratio 1:2 seems to be good.But I would suggest to experiment with 1:2,1:3 and 1:4 ratios.Airbrush a small amout of thinned varnish with these proportions on a piece of glass or plastic and see how it is applied.

You don't have to use a lot of it Dan, take a couple of drops of the lacquer for instance then add the correct amount of the thinner and apply a bit on a piece of plastic .And then the next ratio for testing.Simply use drops not a spoonful. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back