mig-3 late 148º IAP Kharkov Spring 1942

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
I bring another model I'll start, this self regale me to give a lesson to a man that his impatience led me to stop ordering for friends.
also what is amazing that I have mold (hence you have two instead of one), I do like the first indicates the header or subject, the 148 IAP is a model that I am fascinated by that and everything that the finish was not best seen, very badly painted, the color was very Linial and stains were like little clouds all plump ...., a friend sent me some books of the plane to see some more detail and brings the mold that is bastantebueno and almost do not need added, but no problem if you have to make a new cockpit.

This work will go alternating with PE-8 that I have at hand and I'll put hawker typhoon that after this topic.

I have seen several planes this camouflage but of course for my taste and how bad they were Russian white paints I see no wear painted very recently operating in mig3 page (I guess the comment otherwise know them and you put the link) get a picture of the device is only one side and you see that this quite punished and that trtare to imitate, see how it ends.

I hope not end as the spit and get to one without having problems.

I'll have to make some changes in the model to make this pattern trumpeter and trumpeter who has not placed a radio version but something more light of all versions and almost the last to leave the factory model.

According to the author of the article the profile was made at the rate of hypotheses and conjectures, based on what little you can see in the fotopero mig3 that has characteristics of late, as I know, this plane I have not studied yet and rather little as I move

Profile:

khar-spots.jpg

Kit:

IMG_0456_zpsb4df954c.gif

I bring a small batch of photos from the beginning, everyone painted inside rlm02 that seeing as I have been able to go is the wrong color, the interior was painted a color very similar A18f the ghost light gray, which when played logical wear a Russian plane that was always in the air to be shot down by that effect color changes a lot.
the first pictures of the pieces with the base color only H324:

IMG_0513_zps512f8728.jpg

IMG_0514_zps280ff78a.jpg

IMG_0515_zps73487444.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsfbbdbdec.jpg

IMG_0517_zps220ae8db.jpg

and following with wear or dirty to be more concise, has been used as usual pastels, watercolors there is still more and more by detail, and I found fault in the mold, if it is pretty good but there are parts that could be done separately to give more reality on all sides:

IMG_0519_zps2cfa8190.jpg

IMG_0520_zps95030770.jpg

IMG_0521_zpsd19a8592.jpg

Last edited:
Evan and wotjek thanks my friends.

In the profile I see that there is an error like almost everyone I've seen on the wing lacks the slat and the blades are in raw metal but were white by ue what I have read.

Evan great never have enough information to make an airplane.

You are right. The late series of MiG-3 had slats at the wing leading edges. A profile of the plane with slats marked in there can be found in the Militaria i Fakty Magazine no.28. As far as the prop blades are concerned.... initially all blades were on the NMF. But later these were of the NMF at the front sides and the black at the rear. A part of late MiGs had these blades painted black entirely. Of course it might have been painted with the white paint and even mottled with these green spots but.... the piece of the prop blade that can be noticed in the picture of the plane ( the image below ) doesn't show any traces of the mottling. What is more the caption suggests the white overall. But the demarcation line at wing leading edges is quite noticeable. Also the landing gear absorber seems to be of aluminium ( silver ) colour than white one rather. Because the profile of the plane is hypothized only we can say that all is possible.

khar-spotsf.jpg

Last edited:
the fact is that in the instructions I mark the Gunze H70, the RLM 02, but in some photos of a museum mig A18f is painted in blue-gray, in other photos can be seen this same color looks pretty dirty and the RLM02 , other photos are in natural metal in the pictures that I have of the bottom plane was completely white, the blades are white on both sides and the only thing that can be seen are chipped and you can see the black of the propeller, not distingiuir between different photo photographic methods but also think they were.

1.jpg

I continue with the installation, I finished painting the cockpit, I have added oxygen tube, the tubes leading to the left side and the three levers that go in the ground, in addition to the two hands that are left on the floor , are not yet in place or located exactly as I have to have the control panel placed in position to centralas I put some pics

IMG_0525_zpsf9e08969.jpg

IMG_0524_zpsaaa5f0e7.jpg

IMG_0523_zpsa3fdded7.jpg

IMG_0522_zpsa5f4a7aa.jpg

Not long to begin final assembly of the cockpit.

Beautiful work Sergio!!

Here's some pics of the info I have, from 'Pro Modell' magazine, 2005/4.
Let me know if you want close ups of anything, or I can copy the pages and post them to you if you like.

STA53082.JPG

STA53083.JPG

STA53084.JPG

STA53085.JPG

STA53086.JPG

thanks guys.

Evan is great these pages but the only penalty or who can make is that it is an early version and mine is the version belated, but serves well as orientation.

of course, goes great friend like orientation, the landing gear wells, the radiators, the cockpit as I have already given over, shame not to have some detail photos of the radio but hey I have a sketch that comes in the book of mushroon

thanks and cheers my friend

the fact is that in the instructions I mark the Gunze H70, the RLM 02, but in some photos of a museum mig A18f is painted in blue-gray, in other photos can be seen this same color looks pretty dirty and the RLM02 , other photos are in natural metal in the pictures that I have of the bottom plane was completely white, the blades are white on both sides and the only thing that can be seen are chipped and you can see the black of the propeller, not distingiuir between different photo photographic methods but also think they were.

I see. However it doesn't seem the RLM02 colour was in use. It is more likely the colour of landing gear was of light grey or steel-grey paint.

and what I mean is my friend.
look this is what comes in the instructions of trumpeter

1384_2_tru02831_3.jpg

why I say that, as I have been found after evaluating color upon color, I think the exact color but the interior is the A18 F ceased to be used in late 1942 and began using the amt7 (this repeat are conjectures mine)

Last edited:
Yes I understand. The Trumpeter suggests using the Gunze paints. However these suggestions aren't enough correct often. Most of my references say the interior colour was either a light blue-grey or light grey or the steel colour what can be found as a quite dark grey one. The same colours were used for wheel bays and doors. The landing legs could be of either dark grey (steel) or a light grey or just silver.
In my humble opinion your cockpit should look like this... ( picture source: Modelarstwo z pasj )

IMG_2494-1.jpg

IMG_2499-1.jpg

IMG_2508-1.jpg

IMG_2505-1.jpg

Or like that one... the modeller used a paint that can be RLM65 equivalent. ( Modelarstwo z pasj )

MiG-3%20001.jpg

other details..... from site - the link below....

img7751uv.jpg

img7779y.jpg

img7792dk.jpg

I would suggest having a look at the thread with nice pictures of many details made for the Mig 3 1:32 of the Trumpeter ...

Modelarstwo Plastikowe • Zobacz w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back