My 1/4 scale Fw 190 D9

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Evil_Merlin

Airman 1st Class
I'm currently working on several larger 1/4 warbirds (including a Fokker D.VII, a MiG-3, P-51B/C, Fw 190A8/R2) but this one is one of my favorites!

The plans and goodies are from Meister-Scale (http://www.meister-scale.com).

I'm not 100% how I'm going to finish it yet, but it is a later model Fw 190 D9 with the blown hood and the full shoulder and head armour. It will NOT be one of the Platzsicherungstaffel aircraft as those are done to death!

I was thinking about Black 12, White 11 (the one with the bare metal gun hood, some wing leading edges and other parts), Hans D.'s Black 1+~, 61<, but I have to admit I really like Black 14-+-.

This is a BIG bird.

fw190D91.jpg

fw190D92.jpg

fw190D93.jpg

To give an idea of the size, this is the side panel of the fuse, once its attached to the fuse formers, its rounded, like the real bird. The board I am building on is an 8 foot door panel and the skins barely fit on it.
fw190D94.jpg

fw190d95.jpg

Looks like my work area - metal folding chair, milk crates and the old door from the bathroom!

Can't wait to see this finished. Must be fricking huge!!

it keeps me busy! You can see though I'm quite a fan of the Fw 190 (there are 6 of them in the various pictures, four Dora's and 2 Antons), as well as a Bf 110, Yak-3, Bf 109 E, 3 MiG-3's, a P-39, a P-51B/C, a Stuka and a Do 217.

Oh and one F-86E

Not to mention a couple of light trainers just to fly around and some other minor goodies.

I like to build a lot.

Mr Evil must be single or the Mrs Evil has a walk in closet full of shoes...:lol:

dbII

Luckily neither. My Wife understand my addiction to airplanes. We first met when I took her for an introduction flight. Been happily married for almost 10 years now. The only rule is no airplane parts in the living room, dining room, bathroom, bedroom or kitchen. That leaves the entire 3rd floor to my addictions!

One thing I'll say.... you appear to be well organized. I need to do that....
one of these days....

Charles

I'm not quite there yet. I'm slowly sorting things out, keeping planes with the wings, plans etc. I'm almost done now, but then again, I'm also trying to finish a Fokker D.VII which is really mucking up the works. I'm used to dealing with one wing, not two!

I wish I had at least that much space. But I feel better for one thing. I'm not the only one with some half completed models! I always seem to get almost done and then.....my, that Blohm and Voss looks good! I'll have to try that!

I wish I had at least that much space. But I feel better for one thing. I'm not the only one with some half completed models! I always seem to get almost done and then.....my, that Blohm and Voss looks good! I'll have to try that!

Oh its a curse lemme tell you that! I am forceing myself to finish the D.VII before I buy another kit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back