My FW-190 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cool friend.It starts looking like a fighting machine.:)

Very sharp, Charles! Great job.

Charles and Wurger, at the beginning of this thread you were discussing the roundel that was part of the decal set.

Last night I was watching a dvd I have called "Warbirds: Defenders of the Reich" - its part of a series - and about 5 minutes in they showed a clip of a schwarm of FWs taking off with those markings! I sat straight up and watched it a couple times.

Solid color of the plane (no camo) and looked to be early versions. Almost exactly what Charles posted. The roundel was huge almost as big as the balkruez. So, Wurger..... factory protection unit or propoganda unit for film?

Very sharp, Charles! Great job.

Charles and Wurger, at the beginning of this thread you were discussing the roundel that was part of the decal set.

Last night I was watching a dvd I have called "Warbirds: Defenders of the Reich" - its part of a series - and about 5 minutes in they showed a clip of a schwarm of FWs taking off with those markings! I sat straight up and watched it a couple times.

Solid color of the plane (no camo) and looked to be early versions. Almost exactly what Charles posted. The roundel was huge almost as big as the balkruez. So, Wurger..... factory protection unit or propoganda unit for film?

I would like to see it also. I know what the one I have looks like and I posted it earlier. Maybe Wurger can shed some light one it.

Charles

Oh with a rubber band? That is cool. I used to have a few rubber band powered aircraft but none of them were as cool as yours. I like how you build them out of wood and everything. They are great man!

Just the other day I put up a pic of the three bladed prop I made for the
FW-190. Since then I reshaped and cut down the prop blades, today it
got several coats of the schwarzgrun (Dark Green). I found the other pic
so I'm putting them both up..... before and after....

My thanks to Wurger for sending me a pic of the FW-190 prop blade.

Charles

Attachments

• Prop.jpg
    Prop.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Prop1.jpg
    Prop1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 119
Wurger: That's quite the FW190A.... I didn't click to see how much it cost.
The model I have was $10.00 USD, plus $6.00 for glue, $200.00 for airbrush
and compressor, another $12.00 for paint......

Did you know the company that sells those models was in New Zealand ???
The models are $19.95 PLUS shipping !

Charles

OK guys, here's where we are tonight. The paint job is complete. The
canopy has to be installed, and I have to re-make the three bladed prop.
I dropped the prop and the spinner broke. I cannot repair it, I have to form
another spinner and go all thru the process again. Painting a balsa/tissue
model is not like painting a plastic scale model. Details are surely lacking...

Charles

Attachments

• Painted3.jpg
    Painted3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Painted4.jpg
    Painted4.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back