Done : Fw190D-9 ll> Stab./JG2 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is my entry! I don't know if you want what the particular plane I'm doing in the topic title, but as I'm not 100% sure yet, I couldn't put it in. Feel free to change the title if need be once I've chosen!

Anyways, here is my kit! The model looks excellent, as expected, and I don't anticipate any major issues as I move through the build. I don't think I'll start it yet, as I'm going to get some more of my carrier done before I get too rambunxious with this. I also don't know if I can airbrush in the garage with -20 celcius degree weather! Here are the paint schemes and decals it came with:

Scan0057.png
Scan0058.png

Scan0059.png

Scan0060.png

As you can see I completely blew it when I scanned the decals, but it still shows you what's there! :lol:

Wayne brought up in another thread that the "Blau 15" is actually "Gelb 15", and as I plan on building this OOB, I'll probably end up doing the second scheme, a plane of Stab./JG4 based at the Rhein-Main airfield in Germany, spring 1945. The instructions have the ||> as white, but the decals are black; I assume they're white for ease of placement, as they did the same for the 12 in the third scheme. Speaking of which, the third scheme is of a bird flown by a Lt. Teo Nibel of 10./JG54, based in Belgium in January, 1945, so that scheme is out! For the Reich Bands, I will probably paint them as opposed to use the decals, as the decal that came with my 1/32 A-7 was a nightmare to put on properly.

Can't wait to get started!

I MAY start on the cockpit tonight, we will have to see. I may build it in between sections of my Franklin, to break it up a little bit. Like when I have to build well over 20 guns.

Catch

yes blue 15 would indicate 8./JG 301 but 8th staffel only had A-8 and A-9's never fitted with Dora 9's. it is yellow 15 of 7th staffel/JG 301. you can still do a Dora of JG 301 just pick another colour. I. gruppe had them by end of the war and many of II./JG 301 Doras never had a second gruppe bar painted on. Also III. gruppe had Doras the last 2 months of thew ar as well.

my 2 centos

E `

if you want to do one of the many Dora-9's from II./JG 301 use white for 5th , red for 6th and yellow for 7th staffels. a little history, 6th staffel first acquired their Doras in December of 44 and the two other staffels did not get full complement nearly till February of 45.

personally I think it was a test bed for the whole gruppe and interesting too that the staffel of Doras was oversized that even members of 8th staffel flew them though not equipped

no the opposite, in this case 8th staffel pilots used red numbered Dora 9's to fill in their depleted numbers. It's confusing to say the least

So ||> is wrong too? *sigh* I was going to do that one! I guess if the bands are simply the wrong colour, that's easy to fix as I was going to paint them anyway. So if that's the case, then it'll be the Fw 190D-9 ||> of JG2.

Alright, so googled Stab./JG2, hoping to find out if EE had a decal sheet so I could look at the profiles, and they did! So I went on their site to look at the pictures, but the link is broken, and I saved a bunch a while back, but didn't save that particular one! So all I could find was this trash picture:

a_00506.jpeg

In the instructions, it states the colours as being Grauviolett/Dunkelgrün over Lichtblau. Would those be correct, or are those wrong too?

Just found this:

2_26_b1.jpg

I don't know if it's the same plane as the fuselage crosses are different than that of the instructions. I can easily do that bird though if it's correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back