Working on a Stuka.........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

machine shop tom

Senior Airman
Apr 13, 2007
I have been working on a Revell Ju87D for a couple of weeks now. Of course, with 3 kids under the age of 10, I get about 15 minutes a week to actually get anything done on it! I'm not modeling any specific unit, I'm just trying to get it done and do a good job. I'll post a pic of it soon.

tom

tom

From what I have seen of your work so far......it leaves me in a state of anticipation.

I've got it pretty much ready for paint. Now if the kids will give me 8 or 10 minutes in a row to airbrush it!

tom

Still working on it, guys. Kinda hard to paint it with my workshop jammed full of stuff from the side of the basement that got wet from a recent heavy rain..........

:|

tom

Still waiting for the pics.:)
How severe rainfoll was at your area?

Still waiting for the pics.:)
How severe rainfoll was at your area?

We recieved around 1.75" in a little over 6 hours. Enough to overcome our sump system and wet the basement a little.

I started painiting it by hand last night. The camo pattern involves straight lines so I didn't want to wait 'til my shop was ready for airbrushing. I got about 10 minutes done last night......:lol:

I'll do a little more tonight.

tom

1.75" in 6 hours it seems to be really enough.On The Polish TV also said there has been a tornado in one of the state ( I don't remember which one ).I hope it hasn't been at your region.

1.75" in 6 hours it seems to be really enough.On The Polish TV also said there has been a tornado in one of the state ( I don't remember which one ).I hope it hasn't been at your region.

No, it wasn't in Michigan. It was a small town in Kansas. 95% of Greenburg was destroyed by the tornado and at least 10 people died. Pretty grim news:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270584,00.html

tom

I'm working on a Stuka too, but there isn't much to show for it. I spend TOO much time on it.

My Stukas are still in boxes and waiting for assembling.I've found an interesting article about The Stuka model equipped with a torpedo.It looks very nice.The camo colours are different from the standard Luftwaffe one.I think my next model will be this Ju-87.

BTW. How will it be looked like if you spend too much time on it ? It must be something excellent.

Thanks looking forward to some pictures of what should be a lovely looking Stuka. Will it be one of those tank-busting stukas with the cannons or a dive-bomber stuka?

Hi HD !!!
To be honest, neither a tank-buster nor a dive-bomber.It will be a Ju 87 D-4 Torpedo Flieger.Ju 87 D-4 was a variant of early D-1,D-3 and D-5 versions.It wasn't produced as a serial a/c, but some of serial D-1s,3s and 5s were adapted for carrying of a torpedo LFT-5b (weight 765 kg) or similar ones.These Stukas were tested in Rechlin in 1941.This Ju 87 D had longer shrouds of the first exhaust pipes (similar to the B/R versions) than the standard Ds.Its camo pattern was RLM 65 or 76/72/73.The 1:48 scale plastic kits of the Ju 87s were offered by Hasegawa.My Stuka will be an Italeri 1:72 scale kit of Ju 87 G "Kanonenvogel" + Revell 1:72 Ju 87 B2/R2 combination and a torpedo with its mount from Revell kit of Fw 190A-5 Torpedo-Trage.

And looks great.I have the "mini Replika" magazine no.31 with Krzysztof Sikora's article on the 1:48 Hasegawa model.An excellent work.:D
Though I prefere the fighters it can be an interesting part of my collection.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back