1/72 Me 210 2N+AT ZG.8 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
Me 210 2N+AT 8.ZG 1 Heavy Hitters Group Build

Username: kgambit
Name: Dwight
Category 2/Intermediate
Model: Me 210 A1
Scale: 1:72
Kit by Italeri

2N+AT (W.Nr.039)
8. ZG 1 (?) or 9./ZG 1
Catania, Sicily, November, 1942.

Color Scheme: Exterior: RLM 74/75/76 with mottling; Interior RLM 66

This is going to be another OOB build with one major exepction. I am using the Aires Cockpit set for this kit. It's a combination of resin and PE parts including highly detailed resin cockpit tubs and PE belts and instrument panels.

Color scheme that comes in the kit instructions seems ALL wrong. My understanding is that Me 210's in the Zestrorer Geschwader units used a RLM 74/75/76 camo scheme with additional mottling in RLM 02/70/74 on the tail planes and fuselage sides. If anyone has additional information either on this plane or the color scheme in general it would be most appreciated.

In addition, the spinner color for the 8th staffel would be solid blue. For the 9th staffel you would have a yellow in front of grey (that seems a bit odd scheme if you ask me). According to Michael Reimer, the 2N+AT plane should be assigned to the 9th staffel not the 8th so the original thread header is probably incorrect.

Pics to follow. :)

Attachments

• 2_20.jpg
    2_20.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Looking forward to this Dwight. Looks like you've done some good research already. I would agree with your camo scheme choice.

Thanks Andy. :)

I could still use some interior shots of the front and rear cockpits though. :)

Attachments

• Me210a_smaller.jpg
    Me210a_smaller.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 197
  • Me210-A1-36.jpg
    Me210-A1-36.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Something for Maximowitz. He will be happy I'm sure.:)

I'm not sure but a few pics of the crashed machine had been posted somewhere earlier in the forum.

Something for Maximowitz. He will be happy I'm sure.:)

To be truly authentic the model will need a collapsed undercarriage. :lol:

I seem to remember there being quite a few pics in the "What of the ME410?" thread, the two aircraft being so closely associated.

The books on the 210/410 by Petrick, Mankau and Stocker would help if you can find them.

Spot on Wurgermeister. I think this is the crate that had brake failure on landing and ended up halfway through a wall.

Good memory master of the butcher bird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back