1/72 Airfix Avro Lancaster B.111 Dambuster (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScOoTeR1992

Senior Airman
Dec 19, 2007
right behind you
G'day all

So everyone this is my new endeavor. So far this is starting to become a pain, first of all the front turret would not aligning with the holes as it was supposed to then i found out that I probably stuffed up the area with the bouncing bomb goes by cutting a little to much off the sides, and also the cockpit canopy I attached by I painted where i should of so if there is anyway to remove the glue so I can paint it any recommendations will do thanks everyone take care.

P.S the song I'm listening to in the first pic is a really good song

Attachments

• IMGP0021.jpg
    IMGP0021.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMGP0027.jpg
    IMGP0027.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 326
  • IMGP0026.jpg
    IMGP0026.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMGP0032.jpg
    IMGP0032.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 332
Glad to read you again Scooter.:D I think these problems are very charakteristic for all the older Airfix kits. Sand paper, sand paer, sanding, sanding and once again sanding.But possible to correct.

Last edited:
here's a quick update while all the paint dries damn enamel paint takes ages long to dry

Attachments

• IMGP0048.JPG
    IMGP0048.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMGP0039.JPG
    IMGP0039.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 281
  • IMGP0049.JPG
    IMGP0049.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMGP0043.JPG
    IMGP0043.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMGP0037.JPG
    IMGP0037.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 291
Looks good mate, eyeing off the chocolates in the background...yum!:D

Shouldn't the instructions have the camo pattern that you could copy?

thanks everyone, I kind of got no more progress on it because of school. The only addition is I've put down the black basecoat and that's about it

ScOoTeR1992

Its really looking great.

I have a few questions for you. I'm in the process of building my first multi-engine plane and I'm not sure the best way to paint it. Do I assemble the plane and then paint or paint the sections (Wings, Fuselage) assemble and then touch up the joints? It looks like it could be a bi**ch to get a good paint job while weaving the airbrush around all the components. :?:

IMO, I think for aircraft like the Lanc, Halifax etc where the wing join is unfaired, ( ie, they just get fitted straight into the cut out groove in the fueslage), it's best to paint them seperately before gluing together - saves alot of tricky masking.

If the joint is faired, it's best to fully assemble and fill them first, then paint. Reason being the paintwork may get damaged in the process , and you'll have to repaint the area, which often looks messier.

For radial engined aircraft, I'd leave the engines off till painting is completed then glue in place afterwards, saves a bit of fiddly handling.

I've always found aligning the nacelles to the wings a real pain, but after you've made 20 of them its childs play and those side windows are the same ! i remove the locating strips on the bottom of the window, then carefully glue them onto the canopy the glue the canopy onto the fuselage, i only apply glue on the front section of the canopy

I've always built my Lanc's in sections as below and don't bother with the rotating turrets, i just remove the bases off the bottom of the turrets and glue them on when the model is finished.

Might be helpful, might not. Not trying to hijack your thread just helping a little :)...........

danslanc4005.gif

danslanc4002.gif

danslanc4003.gif

danslancy004.gif

danslanc6004.gif

danslancy006.gif

danslancy005.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back