Brewster Buffalo B339 (Tamiya, 1/48) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vajled

Airman 1st Class
Apr 9, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Ok guys, time to new kit :)
Started it 2 days ago, yesterday having day off from builds...

buffalowip001.jpg

buffalowip002.jpg

buffalowip003.jpg

buffalowip004.jpg

buffalowip005.jpg

buffalowip006.jpg

And this evening work:

cockpit is drybrushed, washed, picked out some details (knobs, throttle levelers)... seat belts are home made by me :)

buffalowip008.jpg

Everything is glue into fuselage... thx to my wife big nails I got some great sanders

buffalowip009.jpg

buffalowip010.jpg

Cheers

Roman

Last edited:
everything is glued and so far almost perfect fit... mybe few spots for putty but nothing to tell about... let say all is perfect so far

buffalowip011.jpg

buffalowip012.jpg

buffalowip013.jpg

Cheers

Roman

thx guys...
I still deciding RAF or Dutch... booth are nice... RAF because black/grey belly and Dutch because alu belly and those orange triangles "roundels"

Roman

If you do one of the Dutch machines that flew from Singapore, you get to put the triangles on the upper wings as well as the lower wings....not trying to influence you in any way!

Cheers,
B-N

masking of canopies is finished... al evening doing with canopy... from maskin till glueing...
I had little mishap also... canopy who is for British, Netherlands version is in garbage... I have manage to turn over little bottle where I have nitro for AB cleaning... and of course canopy got own portion of nitro...
Luckely in box was second canopy, but this one is for USAF version with hole in windsheald... for these telescopic aiming device.
I try to fix that hole, hopefully I have manage to do something, but little is visible edge of the hole under new windshield panel what I made for cover the hole ( trasparent plastic folie).
Another problem is that that I cut off all antenas, another type of pilot seat is inside cockpit and cannot do USAF version...

Well, I will finished kit... with or without visible hole under new panel of windsheald...

Masking and all preparation for painting is over...

p5110002b.jpg

p5110006.jpg

Cheers

Roman

thx guys :)
usually that is my tempo... over the day I'm working arround 6-8 hrs on model, almost every day... because now I'm on my free days from job...
Working on oil drilling rigs offshore / onshore in rotation 1 month / 1 month..., and when I am at home have plenty of time to work on my kits :)

Cheers
Roman

Vajled do a Japanese Buff. Like I'll be doing :D I love that kit I think I have like 4 or 5 of them :)

Theres also a couple aftermarket Canopys to pose it open and Aftermarket sets from Eduard you could get for her :D

3 times I have try to get on pictures nice colors how they are seen with bare eye...
it looks like there are 2 brown color
but up they are. grenish gray and brown earth booth from revell acrilyc...
equivalent for RAF dark green and brown via The Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart

p51200032.jpg

p51200042.jpg

Cheers

Roman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back