My FW-190 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok Charles, have ya cracked a tinnie from that fridge, and put a shrimp on the barbie!!?

The only beverages in the fridge are either water, carbonated or juices.
There is alcohol in the house..... I've got a bottle of cognac older than
most of the members of the forum. And, Johnny Walker Black, VO,
Beefeaters Gin and Kentucky Gentleman Bourbon..... for guests, of course.
This kid got away from booze over 30 years ago.

"Put a shrimp on the barbie" ? That's a new one on me.....

Charles

Oh mein Got im Himmel.Charles, you have a great collecion of bottles.Isn't it bigger than your model one? Although I'm not a fan of this kind of drinks but the Kentucky Gentleman Bourbon sounds really interesting.:D

BTW I was thinking about "Put a shrimp on the barbie" but I don't know if Barbie would like to have this shellfish on her.Or a shrimp it is a new name of something different....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wayne could you.......?

Wurger: Kentucky Gentleman is a good smooth bourbon. I use to drink it
with water. It has a kind of "woodie" taste to it. Yes... the collection of
booze is bigger than my models. Come on over and I'll fix you one. Reminds
me of a Chinese bartender I once knew. ..... One Long Pour !!

Charles

Does it possible to drink the bourbon without the water?

The wings were finished and covered, last night. Before I retired for the
night I sprayed the silkspan with water to shrink it. I checked them this
morning and they look great. I do like this new covering technique I
heard about at the hobby shop. Using clear dope, you give the piece to
be covered about two coats, sanding in between. This fills the pores of
the balsa. Then, when you cover, you just coat the perimiter of the piece,
not coating anything in the middle. When it's stretched it allows full
stretching of the piece. It worked great on the wings.

Charles

Wurger: No... I have to coat them with a 50% diluted clear dope (2 coats)
with a light sanding in between. Actually the whole plane gets this treat-
ment. This prepares it for the final paint job.

Charles

Wurger, a simple explanation...from your request.

Shrimp on the barbie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

("Shrimp on the barbie" is an often-quoted phrase that originated in a series of television advertisements by the Australian Tourism Commission starring Paul Hogan from 1986. The actual quote spoken by Hogan is "I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you". It has been popularly used along with some variations since to make reference to Australia in popular culture.

"Barbie" is Australian slang for "barbecue," and the phrase often evokes images of a fun social gathering under the sun. However, Australians invariably use the word "prawn" rather than "shrimp." Australian "prawns" are prepared in several manners, including on a barbecue like in the advertisement. Since the commercial was commissioned for broadcast in the United States, the changes were probably made to limit confusion.)

OK... why was I thinking of the doll ? The Barbie doll ???

Duh !!!

Charles

Shrimp on the barbie
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

("Shrimp on the barbie" is an often-quoted phrase that originated in a series of television advertisements by the Australian Tourism Commission starring Paul Hogan from 1986. The actual quote spoken by Hogan is "I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you". It has been popularly used along with some variations since to make reference to Australia in popular culture.

"Barbie" is Australian slang for "barbecue," and the phrase often evokes images of a fun social gathering under the sun. However, Australians invariably use the word "prawn" rather than "shrimp." Australian "prawns" are prepared in several manners, including on a barbecue like in the advertisement. Since the commercial was commissioned for broadcast in the United States, the changes were probably made to limit confusion.)

Firstly,going back to Wayne's expression I've been thinking exactly in the same way. A doll and a prawn - what is going on? :lol:

Now about your Fw190.You have to check a reaction of the dope with paints you are going to use for camo ,before you start painting.

Hello: The wings have dried so I thought I'd put up a pic, also tried a dry
fit just to see what it will look like. Before I hook the wings to the fuselage
I have to give it 2 coats of clear dope (fifty percent diluted), sanding lightly
in between, to seal the pores of the silkspan. I also have to fabricate some
wire landing struts. Anyhow.... here's where we are....

Charles

Attachments

• Wimgs2.jpg
    Wimgs2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Dry Fit.jpg
    Dry Fit.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 133

Users who are viewing this thread

Back