Trumpeter 1/32 F4U Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As you guys know, I bought a Trumpeter 1/32 Corsair to replace the Dora that STILL hasn't come in yet. Overall from just looking at it, it seems like a pretty good model, but there are ejector pin marks EVERYWHERE and the front doors for the wheel wells are completely the wrong shape. I am backdating it to a -1A and will be doing it either as a kite from VMF-214 or The Lonesome Polecat from VF-17.

I haven't been able to work on it much, but I have finished the cockpit and put together some of the engine. I'll post some engine pics when it's done. The webcam on my laptop takes WAY better closeups than my actual camera, so that's why my face is in there, and keep in mind everything's mirrored.

Photo39.jpg

Photo40.jpg

Photo41.jpg

Photo42.jpg

Not sure about the face, but the cockpit looks good! (only kidding)
Looking forward to seeing more Catch. Guess you need to give the model shop a kick in the nether regions, so that your Dora arrives.

Thanks guys!

I'd certainly love to do that Lucky!

As for the model, it's not the store's fault. Their supplier gave them the wrong information and they said it had to come from Japan, but somehow I don't think it takes 3 months for a ship or plane to get to North America from there. Whatever, I won't be buying it anymore. I still would like it for Christmas, but I doubt it'll come in.

How do you think I feel when I see a 1/72nd scale kit?! Don't know how I ever managed them! Must admit, I do like 1/32nd and bigger, but 1/48th allows a lot of detail, at a reasonable size, without having to rent a barn to store them!
It's a pity aircraft kits aren't done as standard in 1/35th - then there'd be plenty of figures and vehicles to use in dioramas, large or small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back