First air victory of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

there was little experience and a little time for reaction for Polish airmen to defend the german attack. I think that the planes were quiet good

I dont know about that. Just about everyone knew that the Germans were going to attack, they just did not know when. Even England and France said they would defend an attack on Poland by Germany before Germany attacked.

The Aircraft that Poland used were outdated and inferior to the Germans aircraft.

Now having said that the Polish Airforce fought bravely and well with they had.

loomaluftwaffe said:
did the jastrab get into service?

At the end of the thirties, Poland was desperately looking for a new fighter in order to replace its old PZL P11 C. Tired of waiting for the Morane Saulnier 406, or the Hawker Hurricane promised by her allies, the Polish Air Force told engineer Wsiewolod Jakimiuk to conceive a single seat fighter having performances similar to those equipping the Air forces of other countries. Jakimiuk built the PZL P-50 Jastrzab (Hawk) from the general data of the P-35, powering the aircraft with an English built 840 HP radial engine Bristol Mercury. With an atmosphere of progressively deteriorating relationship with nazi Germany, the plane came too late to reach operational status. When Germany invaded Poland, the first production planes were still on the assembly line. The prototype, itself, was shot down by a Polish anti-aircraft battery as the test pilot Jerzy Widowsky tried to shelter it in Lwow. Very few documents about this plane remain today, and its story is still widely unknown.

Attachments

• img10_122.gif
    img10_122.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 159
too bad, anyways, a copy of the P-35 will still get hacked apart by 109s, but most of the luftwaffe were stukas, pencils, heinkels, and some zestorers and 109s

"More manoeverable than a French soldier on the run."

That's gotta be the funniest thing i've heard all day, haha.

Yeah the p11 is a great little plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back