One more book about 15th USAAF - Last Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

By chance I was looking for Mr. Tucker last year.
Long story- last summer I was contacted by one guy (Andy) from Panama City who maried a Czech girl. He comes to our country every summer holiday to teach English in one school. His father in law lives few miles away from a crash site of one B-17 shot down the same day as a B-17 of my friend Joe (from my siggy).
So after they spoke about this crash Andy started to search for some more info on this crash on Internet and found me. Asked me for a meeting and we met just one day before he left for USA. We spent about 3 hours speaking about Aug 29, 1944 and a loss of 20th Sqdn of the 2nd BG etc. At the end he told me he saw an article about a former tail gunner from 15th USAAF who was shot down over Czechoslovakia in December 1944. After he arrived to USA he sent me this link Former tail gunner reunited with B-17 (See PHOTO GALLERY) - News - The News Herald
There´s written he was shot down over Czechoslovakia on Dec 25, 1944 but there was no info about it in our sources. So I wanted to get in touch with Mr. Tucker but it failed so I contacted the author of the article via Facebook. He called Mr. Tucker and he said they were just hit over Czechoslovakia but crash landed in Yugoslavia.
I´ve almost 4got about this story but found out yesterday that Mr. Tucker wrote a book with the help of his daughter and published it :) So I am in touch with Mr. Tucker´s daughter since yesterday...
Small world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back