Airscrew/Propellor Data Request

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi to all - this is my first posting, which unfortunately is a request for information. I would hope that once I have compiled further research on the below noted aircraft that I will be in a position to contribute more effectively.

I have searched high and lo' for blueprints depicting details of airscrew/propellor blades - pertaining to dimensional and cross sectional data, without success.

I would be grateful for resource details to obtain technical information on the airscrew/propellor blades for the following aircraft:

Hawker Hurricane MkI and MkII
Curtiss P40 Kittyhawk or Warhawk.
FW190
Westland Lysander.

Thanking you in advance.

Hugh

Hi Hugh after consulting my Hawker Hurricane II manual I found that the Diameter of the propeller is 11feet 3 inches.

Thank you again - I have downloaded the FW190 data files - which will be a useful resource later as the project develops.

I came across some 'Reports and Memorandum' files which related to tests for WW1 aircraft and included specifics on Airscrew blades - I had hoped to find similar data for WWII aircraft but no luck there either.

I have also checked manufacturers drawing lists and there is no references to this type of information.

I even purchased some blueprints hoping to find said info - but alas they are of questionable quality and next to being useless!

I even bought a copy of the 'Rotol - The History of an Airscrew Company' which arrived this morning and looks to be an interesting book - but no specific product details.

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

Watts Fixed Pitch Airscrew
Position - centre
Diameter - 11' 3''
No. of Blades - 2
Direction of Rotation - right hand
Pitch - 20' 3"

Rotol Constant Speed Airscrew
Position - centre
Diameter - 10' 9''
No. of Blades - 3
Pitch Range - 35° (21° 40' to 56° 40')

Hawker Hurricane Mk.II

Rotol Constant Speed Airscrew
Position - centre
Diameter - 11' 3''
No. of Blades - 3
Pitch Range - 35° (30° 7' to 65° 7')

Do you really think he's still waiting for a answer after almost 4 years ?
Honeslty, I didn't give that any thought.

Also, since any reply to a thread puts it on the top of the list, that would mean many people would see it and presumably one would respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back