Looking for technical drawings of P-51 B mustang. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DonnieK

Airman
Oct 24, 2006
Central Arkansas
Hi folks, I am looking for any technical drawings of the P-51 B for a giant scale model I am trying to build. I would greatly appriciate any and all help that you might be able to provide.

P-51 B Blueprints are here - eBay Store - Flug-archiv 20: Manual - CD, Blueprint Multi - CD, Blueprint Single - CD in the P-51 ABCD Set. I bought, and am very satisfied with the quality and the completeness of this set for all versions. Am using the blueprints for sheet metal fabrication of replacement parts. The P-51 blueprints are sold on behalf of Flug Werk who digitised the set in the first place and are manufacturing the Fw 190 as new and doing a fair amount of P-51 restoration work too. - Flug Werk GmbH - Diary -

Perhaps he doesn't what to pay for them and besides the owner was banned for spamming so this could be seen as the same...

Here is a blueprint of a P-51A/B

musta_02.gif

That is not a blueprint, it is a scale drawing probably from a book. Drawings with measurements (blueprints) or better still factory blueprints help users correct distortion from both the printing and the scanning process. In another part of this forum, I am looking for F4U-1 measurements. I am hoping that a member can help even if I have to pay for the information. I appreciate that somewhere in the process, someone has to have done some work and probably paid some money. I for one don't expect this information for free and I don't expect to receive the information at the expense of a publisher's copyright or an illustrator's or researcher's Intellectual Property Rights.

Perhaps he doesn't what to pay for them
Perhaps you can give some sites for downloading movies and games and music as well then? You do realise this is breach of copyrights?

The drawing you show is inaccurate. If people don't pay for this stuff, accurate drawings won't become available. People like Peter Ewbank help making this sort of stuff available to the public. At this moment he's in posession of a full set of P-47 Thunderbolt factory drawings, ready to be scanned and sold. I can't wait till they become available and I will pay for them, as I have paid for my Mustang drawings as well.

But guess what? Acquiring and scanning tens of thousands of huge drawings is extremely expensive and Peter currently does not want to make this investment as he is not making his money back by a long shot, thanks to pirates and general unwillingness of people to pay for things.

If Peter was "spamming" as you claim, perhaps he was trying to raise awareness for his efforts. I hope you will be more thoughtful in the future with your comments and your actions... :rolleyes:

PS. Did you ask Gareth Hector, the creator of the image in your signature, if you could use it for your purposes? :|

Perhaps you can give some sites for downloading movies and games and music as well then? You do realise this is breach of copyrights?

The drawing you show is inaccurate. If people don't pay for this stuff, accurate drawings won't become available. People like Peter Ewbank help making this sort of stuff available to the public. At this moment he's in posession of a full set of P-47 Thunderbolt factory drawings, ready to be scanned and sold. I can't wait till they become available and I will pay for them, as I have paid for my Mustang drawings as well.

But guess what? Acquiring and scanning tens of thousands of huge drawings is extremely expensive and Peter currently does not want to make this investment as he is not making his money back by a long shot, thanks to pirates and general unwillingness of people to pay for things.

If Peter was "spamming" as you claim, perhaps he was trying to raise awareness for his efforts. I hope you will be more thoughtful in the future with your comments and your actions... :rolleyes:

PS. Did you ask Gareth Hector, the creator of the image in your signature, if you could use it for your purposes? :|

I made comments about Peter in another thread - I'm being blunt about this, he's an @sshole...

If you're going to come on here and badger people about copy rights, the accuracy of their drawings and their siggys your @ss will be out of here too - I hope I myke myself abundantly F#CKING CLEAR!

Elsewhere in this forum, members can see more threats made by the moderators, who seem to not yet know that the job of a moderator is to make sure that dicussion does not get overheated. Search for the Fw 190 blueprint thread that is now locked down. It is a real dirge to read. I was apalled. I noticed that you've blocked Ewbank from this site and it seems to me that the reasons are more in keeping with what Skyaider has said than what Flyboy maintains about spamming above. Thanks Skyraider, that was useful information. At the moment, I am researching the Corsair, but will tackle the Thunderbolt soon too. Engineering blueprints would be very useful.

Elsewhere in this forum, members can see more threats made by the moderators, who seem to not yet know that the job of a moderator is to make sure that dicussion does not get overheated. Search for the Fw 190 blueprint thread that is now locked down. It is a real dirge to read. I was apalled. I noticed that you've blocked Ewbank from this site and it seems to me that the reasons are more in keeping with what Skyaider has said than what Flyboy maintains about spamming above. Thanks Skyraider, that was useful information. At the moment, I am researching the Corsair, but will tackle the Thunderbolt soon too. Engineering blueprints would be very useful.
You know i see you're too freaking stupid for your own goo so you could go play elsewhere and skyraider could go with you...

I don't care if it is inaccurate, I didn't search very hard to find that picture. If I had chosen to search more I could of found something better (there is a manual on the site somewhere). Most of the stuff in question is public domain anyway and so isn't subject to copyright (despite what someone may say). As for my sig I didn't know who it was by (it was made for me). Where possible I always show a source and even if I had got it off the internet, if it is there it is freely avaliable and people will use it... It is what happens get used to it...

I banned both of those idiots and will do so to anyone who comes on here with the type of attitude - Gnomey, you tried to do the guy a favor and he comes off like a d*ck - he could go to hell!

Well, lets face it, internet is for information exchange, and there is a lot of free one without anybody caring about the copyright, it could be hard but is the truth so....:rolleyes:

Copy right will always be an issue as long as money is involved. It will be a never ending battle. Every one wants to make a buck if they think its worth something, weither it belongs to them or not.

Yes I understand that dear Micdrow, but I will give this example:

Some guy had scanned a book of Osprey military like the "Aircraft of the Aces" and is available in Internet. Yes I know, the guy had broken any posible law of copyright, but the book is online and available. To post that link in here will be obviosly wrong, and I agree.

Now, there are cases in wich some guy scanned just a picture of that book and post in some forum, I take that pic and put also in some topic here.

That make me a criminal of copyright ? Dont think so.

Donnie--I do not know how, but my father who was a lead engineer on the P-51, gifted me as an inheritance with a complete copy of the original, North American Aviation "restricted" design manual for the P-51 H.

I am not willing to part with the original, of course, but possibly I could make you some copies--would need to know more about what you need and want to do.

I think this forum will allow you to e-mail me.

I hope this info is helpful--
majicjeani

Hello Majicjeani,
I for one would love to see these drawings in whatever format you make available.

- Ivan.

Hi majicjeani,
Interested to know what a "design manual" is? We are currently working on an H and wonder if this document would be of intrest or assistance for us.
Thanks,
Curt

Did you find any plan for a P-51B ? I would like to build a B also but I need to know the exact sizes of all areas of the aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back