!!!Technical Drawing for B-17!!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

zarroun

Airman
Jan 10, 2006
Hello everyone,

I have been a war bird fanatic ever since I started thinking. Naturally, I would like to integrate my passion into my school work. For my next project, I have to create a 3D model that shows interior and exterior. Does anyone know of a good source for plans, schematics, blueprints etc for the B-17. I'm trying to bring the Memphis Belle back to life, at least virtually (last thing i heard was that she's still in bits and pieces). I will of course post my pictures once I'm done; I have 11 weeks for the project. I greatly appreciate your effort, thank you!

Roman

Will do. And wish me luck, I'll need it.

Any one else have any input? I have quiet some issues with certain detail. Thanks a lot!

Zarroun, I uploaded a large cutaway of the B-17 on my website for you rather than to have the big photo overpower the screen. It's about 2.5 MB, but the detail is good and it's about 1900 x 1600. You can get it here:

http://www.vg-photo.com/webimg/b-17cutaway.jpg

I will see if I have anything else. This is from the book, Classic WWII Aircraft Cutaways. The drawing is by Max Millar. Please observe his copyrights.

WOW! Thank you so much! That is going to help me big time. And thanks for including the book title; I might have to get it for future projects.

That is a great book for that kind of material. They also have about 12 large scale foldout drawings. I might have some other info buried in my files. I will see what I can find. What part of Switzerland are you in? My family lineages trace back to Hohenzollern (Motsinger family) and Guggisberg (Binggeli family).

I really appreciate your help very much! I'm having a hard time with this project. The greatest reference that I could get would be a blue print for a scale model that has profile cutouts on it for the fuselage and the wings. I found one for the Corsair once, but the B-17 is a hard nut to crack!

I don't know those two families, but it's always nice to hear that someone recognizes Switzerland. The two towns sound familiar though, yet I don't think I've ever been there. I used to live in Brugg, which is near Zurich, for 20 years. Now I am in Houston, TX where I go to school at.

Thank you again for all the help. It is highly appreciated and I will post pictures as soon as I have some.

WOW, that's EXACTLY what I need. Thank you so much!!!

Zarroun,

As a 3d modeler myself I was wondering how your virtual B17 was coming along.... ?

regards

Simon

i remember years back someone did a 3D virtual model of a B-25 and posted it on the site, there's no way i'm looking for the link though :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back