!Technical Drawings B-24! (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Grandbleu

Recruit
Oct 10, 2006
Hi all,

I'm desperately loking for detailed drawings/ manuals for the B-24. I'm working as an archaeologist, and we have just discovered the wreck of a B-24 in the North Sea. A manual and/ or drawings would be very helpful to identify some of the parts on the seabed.

Thanks a lot!

b24_1.gif

b24d_1_3v.jpg

b24d_2_3v.jpg

b24d_3_3v.jpg

B-24 Liberator Pilot's Manual Info

Hope those help.

Thanks a lot Gnomey,

does the original pilot manual contain detailed technical info (down to individual engine parts, etc.) or would I have to look at a technical manual?

Does anybody have a technical manual (or drawings of such a manual?)

Hopefully this link will help you out. Its not free but you can get part manuals here. Hopefully you can narrow it down to a model as you can see a part manuals for a B-24 go from around $90 to $130 or more dollars depending on model. Pilot manuals are alot cheaper because lots of people are interested in them bringing down the price and also because not near as many pages. Ive seen a parts manual for a B-24 and the book was quite a paper weight.

Consolidated B-24 Series

Good Luck!!!!
Micdrow

Thanks for the post. My Grandfather flew B-24's in WWII. I have his DFC and campaign medals. As well as a set of his Captains bars.
He was supposed to fly the P-80 but was too big to fit in the cockpit!
Flew the B-50 over Korea also.
I saw his flightlog a long time ago. He had instrument time in B-25's and was in the Ploesti raid, although for some reason he denied it. I remember log entries about Bremen and Bucharest.
I remember the story he told about smoking a cigarette while "under the hood".
Sorry, I can't remember his unit (should be easy enough to look up)
His plane was named "Miss I Hope" and had a seminude painting of our grandmother on the side!
Again thanks for the post and sorry for my rambling!

Thanks for the post. My Grandfather flew B-24's in WWII. I have his DFC and campaign medals. As well as a set of his Captains bars.
He was supposed to fly the P-80 but was too big to fit in the cockpit!
Flew the B-50 over Korea also.
I saw his flightlog a long time ago. He had instrument time in B-25's and was in the Ploesti raid, although for some reason he denied it. I remember log entries about Bremen and Bucharest.
I remember the story he told about smoking a cigarette while "under the hood".
Sorry, I can't remember his unit (should be easy enough to look up)
His plane was named "Miss I Hope" and had a seminude painting of our grandmother on the side!
Again thanks for the post and sorry for my rambling!

Sounds very fascinating to me. When I go to the EAA museam they have a book there for veterans to write there stories. I browse through it every once in a while for new or interesting stuff to research. Would love to hear the unit that your grandfather flew in.

Micdrow :lol:

These technical drawings are great. I'm looking for something like that a B17G. We found some parts of an Wreck in Austria and we are trying to built an model that looks like the original once did. So such plans would be very helpful. Thanks,

Kurtl

That doesn't sound very likely. Peter is very dedicated in promoting the preservation of technical aircraft documents of WW2 and making them available to the public. Instead of banning him you may wish to support him! :shock:

Peter came on here making threats against us for material he deemed as copyrighted when in actuality it was public domain material and yes he was spamming some of the threads. He was booted off this site in a New York minute and we will follow suit if any other pinhead comes on here and does the same. We have little restrictions on what is posted here for the use of all of our members but when we have someone come on here laying claim to data that was acquired freely on the open internet, well the wrath of all the mods on this forum will fall heavily...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back