Assorted Australian Aircraft Manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiTasol

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2012
Aw flaming stralia
I am going to post a number of manuals including the DHA-3 Drover manual, 2 editions of the Wirraway Pilot Notes, Wirraway Overhaul and Repair, Boomerang Overhaul and Repair, Wackett Operating Instructions, not necessarily in that order.

With each manual I will post a thumbnail of the first page because there are some manuals that are on the web available on many sites and not worth downloading once, let alone multiple times, especially when you are in PNG or in "outback" Australia with a super slow satellite connection.

As a side note you can find quite a lot of Aus aircraft manuals for sale on the net on various sites. One site says all their manuals have a "discrete watermark". Attached is an example of the so called "discrete watermark". I will not waste my money again with this vendor.

DHA-3 Mk 2 Drover manual, Feb 1952, 7.8 Mb This is the manual supplied to a Drover Mk 2 owner circa 1973 when he contacted the factory for a manual for his aircraft he was going to use for skydiving. A poor, pen amended, photocopy of the Mk 1 manual with some pages that had stick on revisions that were not copied twice (second time with stick ons folded back so other text is visible. Not cleaned up

WIrraway Pilot Notes RAAF Pub 109, 2nd Edition, July 1945. From a photocopy of a photocopy... that I have had for years. Probably complete. Cleaned up as much to the best of my limited ability

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 244
  • DHA-3 Mk 2 Drover manual 7.8 Mb.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 219
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 242
Wirraway Pilot Notes RAAF Pub 109, 2nd Edition, July 1945, 12.54 Mb.
From a photocopy of a photocopy….. that I have had for years. Probably complete but diagrams could be in wrong place (was in a loose leaf binder).
Cleaned up to the best of my limited ability
Having trouble uploading because I am in Aus at present, in the "outback" and on the NBN satellite "service". It keeps timing out on a lousy 13 Mb file.
If no joy today will wait until March 10 and upload from Papua New Guinea.
Next file Wirraway Pilot Notes RAAF Pub 109, 3rd Edition, April 1956 scanned from an incomplete photocopy sold by the RAAF Museum

Attachments

• Wirraway Pilots Notes - 2nd Ed.pdf
    12.5 MB · Views: 281
Wirraway Pilot Notes RAAF Pub 109, 3rd Edition, April 1956 scanned from an incomplete photocopy sold by the RAAF Museum.
Cleaned up to the best of my limited ability
Pages 6, 20, 34, 40 are missing and are possibly blank pages
22 23 are missing and contain text and/or diagrams
In the copy I bought the Final Checks for Landing is on the back of page 26 and Final Checks for Take-Off on front of page 27. As the original photo copy shows 26 was a LH page and 27 a RH page these check-lists are obviously in the wrong location
The page containing the Key to Figure 4 is missing
Figure 5 and the Key to it are missing
The fuel diagrams are on un-numbered pages that were inserted following page 7 in the copy I bought
I have done this manual as two files - main pages and fold-out pages

The files will have to be added when the !@#$% NBN decides to operate faster than a dying snail

Attachments from yesterdays post
Next Wackett from an original manual

Attachments

• orig cover.png
    orig cover.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Wirraway Pilots Notes, RAAF 109, 3rd Ed, 1956 FOLDOUTS.pdf
    496.5 KB · Views: 237
  • Wirraway Pilots Notes - 3rd Ed 1956.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 259
Awesome loving the Aussie manuals :D
Anyone got any others?
Does anyone want a Instrument Schedule 1946.
Will upload here is theres interest cost me abit but I've gotten so many manuals off the site that you guys deserve it. :)

Attached is RAAF pub 416, DH82A Pilot Notes, Feb 1944
Wackett is still to come - the person who owns the manual is now not wanting to share. I am fairly confident I can find something on ww2aircraft that he will want and I will use that as leverage (whitemail if you want to be politically correct).

Attachments

• RAAF 416 DH82 Tiger Moth Pilot's Notes.._Page_01a.png
    RAAF 416 DH82 Tiger Moth Pilot's Notes.._Page_01a.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 289
  • RAAF 416 DH82A Tiger Moth Pilot's Notes.pdf
    283.3 KB · Views: 388
ProudKerman
Please post the Instrument Schedule 1946
Until I see it do not know if it is of interest to me but I will be of great value to someone now or in the future.
When I get back to Aus I will scan and upload the Boomerang Maintenance Manual - unfortunately from a copy of a copy etc but reasonably clean - and I will keep working on the Wackett manual owner
Mi

Okay I'll dig through and find the full copy, the one I use is separated and high res. If anyone collects like me the Instrument Schedule will tell you exactly what aircraft the inst were used one, even converts US and Brit Serials to Aus. Also I recently got a CAC Twin Wasp Descriptive Manual I may post except its original and my scanners rooted. I'll have to see

Good one Kerman.
I have seen another, possibly earlier, version but cannot pry it loose to copy.
Somewhere I have a copy of the amendment instructions that came with one version and when I find it will post it just for interest so that people know it does not contain anything of real use (as far as I can see anyway)

Last edited:
Wirraway aircraft parts listing - sorry but all I have are these pages from section V

My apologies for the watermark but other manuals I have posted here for everyone to enjoy for free rapidly showed up on unscrupulous manuals sale sites.

Attachments

• Wirraway Schedule of Spares Parts & Repair Components - WW2aircraft.pdf
    42.3 MB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Good one Kerman.
I have seen another, possibly earlier, version but cannot pry it loose to copy.
Somewhere I have a copy of the amendment instructions that came with one version and when I find it will post it just for interest so that people know it does not contain anything of real use (as far as I can see anyway)

Well I got my hand on that other copy and compared it and it is actually exactly the same manual but it has an index, the pages are in a different order and it has a different cover and date. Still cannot find those amendment instructions

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 108
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 107
And another Wackett manual.

RAAF 193 Wackett Overhaul and Repair dated Nov 1941.

Interestingly this was over two years into WW2 (but before Pearl Harbor) and is on glossy 8 x 10 paper with lots of waste space and blank pages.

1619640925391.png

Attachments

• RAAF 193 Wackett Overhaul Repair Manual OCR... .pdf
    57.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
With each manual I will post a thumbnail of the first page because there are some manuals that are on the web available on many sites and not worth downloading once, let alone multiple times, especially when you are in PNG or in "outback" Australia with a super slow satellite connection.

I wish everyone would do that. We don't all have truly fast connections. It may take several minutes to download a manual, only to discover it's a duplicate of one you already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back