Americans and the German Jets

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

geez what a bunch of wasted pages. what references are you guyz using anyway to come up with these stats on engines ?

at what ? padding your postings which on most web-sites is not tolerated by the administration..........

let's quit the baby talk shall we and start posting some intelligent responses please...........instead of two words or one liners.

I've got this picture of a Me-262A-1a that saw service in JG-7 and it's got RAF markings on it. The picture was taken at Farnborough, the strange thing is..RAF markings suit it.

Erich, is it true that some of the later Schwalbes serving with KG (J) 54 and JV44 only had the two outer guns?

I've got a flight sim where the Me-262 is only equipped with (or at least can only fire) 2 of its guns when it is carrying bombs. Anyone know where they came up with that?

I have actually seen a picture of a Me-262 with only two guns in the nose but I did not know what kind it was. The caption says it's a A-1a because it can't be a A-1a/U3 because they had no guns, and it has no bomb racks.

I am not pulling your leg, if I could get the picture on here for you, I would.

Interesting however, there is a line of thought that the Germans already had their jets in service before the British and Americans. Therefore the Germans had an advantage there. In addition they already were drawing up their next generation jets including one which looks suspiciously like a MiG-15. Don't forget also that the Soviets took one of the German Prototypes of this particular type, think it was the P.1008 or something away for analysis by their scientists. The Allies were very unwilling to deploy too much new equipment after WW2 and ended up getting surprised by the MiG-15 over Korea and Vietnam. It may have been a similar case in WW2 as well with the Allies constantly scrambling to keep up and counter the latest German fighters and bombers. Therefore we would have faced an Alice in Wonderland scenario where every time the Allies caught up the Germans may have moved the goal posts.

HealzDevo said:
The Allies were very unwilling to deploy too much new equipment after WW2 and ended up getting surprised by the MiG-15 over Korea and Vietnam.

The surprise over Korea was the thought of the Mig-15 being "advanced" with performance rivaling the F-86. Compared to the F-86 the only thing advanced about the Mig-15 was it's simplicity and aerodynamics, aside from that, the aircraft is a "tinker toy." The 86 had a lot of "wiz-bang" features that sometimes hindered it's performance. I know this first hand, I've worked on both aircraft...

The Mig-15 was not used in Viet Nam. The NVAF only operated Mig-15 UTIs (Trainers)

HealzDevo said:
German Prototypes of this particular type, think it was the P.1008 or something away for analysis by their scientists.

The Russians took the Ta-183 the United States took the Messerschmitt P.1011

Users who are viewing this thread

Back