Axis power aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know why the pics are showing up twice and have noticed others starting to do the same....

That pic was actually taken by balancing my camera on the handrailing of the upper floor and opening the aperture. The lighting WAS very dark.

Andy, you have had to hit double the button for attaching shots. So the image was uploaded twice. I have deleted one of them.

Thanks Wojtek. I would have not mentioned it if it weren't for the fact that I saw another post today with double pics and also Grant started a thread on weird things happening.

Yes I have seen that thread too. Possible a changing was introduced or the delay in updating of posts. Also George informed about giving up of the Adobe Flash updating. So it could be the reason as well.

It was to keep the snow off.

RAF Museum Hendon:

The German attempt at mobile homes for their European holidays, because, as we all know, the Germans love extended holiday breaks throughout Europe. Those aren't guns, but where they hang their towels after a quick dip at the seaside.

Hendon of old. That's how I remember the Battle of Britain Hall and when I worked there it was still like that. The lighting used to be darkened depending on whatever curator/director was on or such like (!) and it was a pain for photographers. Thankfully the lighting has been reassessed throughout the museum now.

The Stuka was located in the back of the Bomber Hall when I last visited, surrounded by crap...

30757974948_f407c7f3d3_b.jpg
Stuka survivor i

43718752965_aff7b3a70c_b.jpg
Stuka survivor ii

I'm trying to find the Ektachrome transparencies I took in the BoB hall, ,back in the late 1980's, but no luck so far - they may be among those lost to fire damage in 1991.
I do remember that the lighting was like a summer's day, and I managed to get some good shots from various angles, including from the gallery, looking down of the BF109.
If I find them, I'll scan them and post them,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back