Bf-109 G6 ,,Weiße 10"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

stegger

Recruit
Feb 7, 2022
Hi all
Can someone tell me more about this Bf 109 G6?:
It is known his story? Who flew it, did he survive the war?
All I understand is that this Bf belonged to JG27...

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40
Hi all
Can someone tell me more about this Bf 109 G6?:
It is known his story? Who flew it, did he survive the war?
All I understand is that this Bf belonged to JG27...
incorporates original bits and pieces of the wreck of Bf 109 G-6 wzrk Nummer Werk Nummer 161471 flown by Lt Hans Flor of Stab IV/JG-27 that was discovered in Hungaria with a couple other 109 wrecks in the early 2000s.

The airframe is believed to be mainly that of one of the ex-Connie Edwards Buchons, c/n 190, C.4K-126 (AKA "Yellow 9" G-AWHD, last registered as N90603), now registered with the identity of and possibly fitted with some original parts from the original Bf 109G-6 WkNr. 161471, which saw service with the Luftwaffe squadron JG27. Fitted with a DB 605 engine and configured as a stock Bf 109G-6, the aircraft has been test flown at least a few times now in Hungary, piloted by Klaus Plasa, and the aircraft's ultimate destination, post-flight testing, is believed to be in North America (I've put it on the list in Hungary, for now). It is painted as how it is believed that WkNr. 161471 looked when it flew with JG27 as "White 10".

...which collection seems to be growing with some very interesting specimens. Need to swing by there the next time I'm down that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back