Buddy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice looking dog Bill.....and others, cats included Dave. This is Dawg, who does not like to be disturbed at nap time.

upload_2018-5-30_7-54-41.png

His real name is Bruno but I really don't think that befits a 15lb dog

My wife has severe allergies to dander,
Bill just as an aside, there are several dog breeds that essentially have HAIR not Fur. In other words, they do not shed. Poodles and Bedlington Terriers come to mind. We raised and showed Bedlingtons for 30 years and sold many to people with allergies and a sweeter dog does not exist though they need to be clipped (haircut) since it is hair not fur.
Don't know what's available in Oz but if you want a pooch....

The people in a town about 50 miles away had started their own shelter after they found out that their county shelter was euthanizing most of the dogs they sent there. They got use of an old abandoned water plant out in the woods with no more than jeep track leading to it and made it into a rather crude animal shelter, no heat, no air conditioning, and a dirt exercise yard maybe 40 ft square.

When we brought her home Bessie had just been spaded and was very frightened - until she saw our big fenced back yard and then she lit up like it was Christmas.

It turned out after we got her our vet found Bessie had heartworms so we had to put her through that treatment. She was weak but came out of it Okay, and I do look it at as saving a life as well as greatly enhancing my own.

Last edited:
seem to remember reading about a Fw-190 pilot that would occasionally take his small dog up in the fighter somewhere in Russia ,can't recall the specific details however.
Also was told by some of the 4th FG vets that Ralph "Kid" Hofer took the squadron mascot Duke (a german shepard) up in a P-51 for a maintenance check flight. While in the air a B-17 formation was returning from a raid so he slide down in the seat as far possible so only Duke was mostly showing, sidled up to the nearest bomber,waggled his wings and peeled off to land back at Debden. Don't know if that's an exaggerated story or not but I was told that Duke went up at least once with Hofer by more than one pilot. Love to see that after action report! The headlines would read " USAAC employs new secret weapon in the air! " I'll try to dig up some pixs of the two.
Here's another Collings pic from 2015.
DSCN4940.JPGmedia-20655.jpeg
Hofer and his copilot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back