CAC Boomerang 3-view drawings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

EDFN

Airman
Aug 10, 2012
I am looking for 3-view drawings of the fuselage truss of the CAC Boomerang. I want to detail the interior of the cockpit of a mostly scatch built model. There are some good pictures of Boomerang rebuilds and some well known see thru drawings but none that show the fuselage framework in relation to the exterior contours.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Martin

Derek Buckmaster has did a lot of research on the Boomernag a few years ago, using manuals and available engineering drawings.
I have small concens regarding his engine cowl, but I have no doubt that what he has drawn is an accurate representation of CAC drawings/data.

He has kindly made is research and drawings available on the internet.
You'll need to do a bit of work to extract the frame...but between restoration photos and the manuals you'll probably be able to 'eyeball' measure the tube thicknesses.

HI J Juanita , thanks for the link! They got a drawing of the fuselage structure which together with pictures of restorations should help me on.

When I click on the link I get a warning from my anti-virus software. Just a heads up to be cautious.

Same, but I had no problem visiting the site last week. Must be a new problem.
My "DB Design Bureau" website on my family web domain has not been updated or touched for about 10 years. Consequently, it doesn't have any of the latest security protocols coded into the HTML, so some browsers may give you a warning even if there is not a problem.

I've been slowly moving all the content across to my new website: www.dbdesignbureau.net

The Boomerang information has not moved yet, it's a very low priority for me at this point.

I am looking for 3-view drawings of the fuselage truss of the CAC Boomerang.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Martin
Hi Martin, I see you found the link to my partly completed drawing of the Boomerang dimensions showing the fuselage frame position:

This drawing is still not finished, and details of the framework tubes are one of the reasons I haven't been able to progress it much further.

As you mention, there is a dearth of information regarding interior details of Boomerangs (although there are some useful pictures). It is worth noting that there is also a Boomerang group on Facebook and if you use that platform they are an incredibly helpful bunch:

Under the "Media" section of the Facebook group there are hundreds of interesting photos which may be of use to you.

Cheers,
Derek

Hi derekbu derekbu : Thanks for the links!
I got your drawing some time ago and it is extremely helpful, especially when superimposed on one of the great drawing available at the good people of outerzone.co.uk: Click this!
Unfortunately I am no member of facebook, don´t like the way they ignore privacy of their users.
There is a good rendition of the Boomerang available for FSX by flight-replicas.com and it has got a well detailed interior. Right now I am trying to transfer my findings there to a drawing. I wonder where they got their information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back