FUTURE FORUM HACK? GET YOUR SPARE CHANGE TOGETHER GENTS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Mars used modified fuel cells to carry 7,000 gallons of retardant. To load the water, it would "skim" a body of water with it's scoop extended and as the water was gathered, it would mix with the phoscheck.

Here in Northern California, there used to be WWII aircraft converted to fire-bombers:
B-17s, TBFs and most recently (now retired), the PV Neptune.

The Mars used modified fuel cells to carry 7,000 gallons of retardant. To load the water, it would "skim" a body of water with it's scoop extended and as the water was gathered, it would mix with the phoscheck.

Here in Northern California, there used to be WWII aircraft converted to fire-bombers:
B-17s, TBFs and most recently (now retired), the PV Neptune.
And many of the Catch 22 B-25 were fire bombers

Actually, by wing span, the H-4 is still the world's biggest. Some of the modern Antonovs are longer and have less wingspan, but in aviation the wingspan was generally the measure.
In terms of wingspan, I think the new champion is the Stratolaunch's 'Roc'. She just completed her third test flight on the 16th of this month.

Yes, she beats the H-4's 320 foot span by a good margin. It's difficult for me to keep up with the new ones. I would certainly like to see it fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back