**** DONE: GB-61 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 – Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have been chipping away with this one over what has been a bit of an eventful week, early on I had a capped tooth and post removed followed by a bone graft to ready me for an intended implant sometime down the track. This morning I've also had surgery for a left eye cataract, so I'm a bit one eyed and gummy. We also have our aged (50ish) daughter who is not doing so well health and mental wise living with us since last December. She is in a great deal of pain most of the time and sleeps a lot with the medication but for a couple of oldies in our mid to late 70s, it's a bit of a strain at times. Never the less I have found time to do a lot of paint spraying and a good amount of detailed work in the wheel bay and cockpit.

The wheel Bay which is a resin extra enhanced with a few bits of wire and detailing.
20240327 1.JPG

20240327 2.JPG

20240327 3.JPG

20240327 4.JPG

The cockpit additions, mostly from Eduards though in the first one I was none too happy with the control leaves so knocked up my own version.
20240327 5.JPG

20240327 6.JPG

20240327 7.JPG

I still need to work on this one, the rudder pedals need a little attention, but I have more PE to stick in here first.
20240327 8.JPG

:lol: :D

Having a bit of a tough time Vic, hope thing go down the right path for you, you certainly have plenty on your plate...take care man....

oh, and modelling looks good too..!

Modeling is a nice distraction.
These things that inflict pain and suffering on the body and mind are horrible for everyone involved.
You guys take care of yourselves! Is a must if you are taking care of others. We will be thinking of you.

My thanks gentlemen, hoping to get more modelling done today........................................! :thumbright::D

It has been a long road getting here but at last I've something to show re the cockpit and to be honest, its kind of done. I did have a bit of a problem over the last couple of days trying to get the HGW Laser seat belts to work, I managed the shoulder harnesses but the seat belts turned into a nightmare and in the end I resorted to a quick fix by using some cast off Eduard belts. Consequently they are not quite up to scratch and the colouring is a bit off.

20240330 1.JPG

20240330 2.JPG

20240330 3.JPG

20240330 4.JPG

20240330 5.JPG

20240330 6.JPG

20240330 7.JPG

20240330 8.JPG

As you can see it is a very busy cockpit and I've had to do a bit of fixing and scratching to finish it off.
:lol: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back